[Question] How to report AFK XP'ing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

I've noticed an up tick of free to play level 110 characters grinding XP for days at a time.

What is the best method to report these folks?

Signs of AFKness:

1 - no response to ooc - camp check?
    2 - no response to tells - are you there?
    3 - going over and watching their character ...
    They insta-flip facing to their target and looks like some sort of long distance tagging

Since they aren't paying customers I'd like to see them get kicked.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"An uptick of free to play" ??? How do you know they aren't paying customers? Why should they get kicked but paying customers who are doing the same thing don't get kicked?

/report might work - at least it will capture the last new lines in chat if your doing an /ooc for camp check or tells not being responded to but it could be the other player just doesn't want to respond.

Maybe a petition if you really feel the need to do all that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

TBH, I don't know or care if they are F2P or not. Anyone who chooses to AFK grind the same open zone camps for days/weeks at a time deserves to get a suspension.

Really need someone from DB to comment on what evidence they would like from us, anything else is just speculation.
    Ghubuk, Duder, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just a note for your knowledge base... /report does absolutely nothing without a petition mentioning the fact you did a /report.

Now as for this particular case, I'd have to agree... you have no clue Windance if they're F2P or paying. Nor does it matter at all if they are. If they're afk - and you've described perfected how an automated group plays... the instaflip facing their target, and they likely run back to the same spots every time and sit after a mob dies.

What you need to do is simply petition that you've found an automated AFK group, what zone (include the pickzone to make it extra easy for the CS person to find them). 99% of the time, you'll get a reply within a few hours and the group will disappear. If you have the ability, toss a video up on YouTube for them to watch before they go. It definitely helps.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He doesn't want to hear from us anyway. Only from someone from DB.

"Really need someone from DB to comment on what evidence they would like from us, anything else is just speculation."
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Then he's wasting time. /shrug
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1 and 2 are not signs of being afk as they have no responsibility to respond to your camp check or tells.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Otoh, if someone refuses to respond to camp check they are in effect failing to claim a camp. Ethically, its not KSing if they wont say anything.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But there are no camps in EQ!
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that is how you want to justify it go ahead.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not wanting to talk do someone means that you are a dirty botter and means you can move in and try and take their camp.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

If they dont say anything then they clearly dont have a problem with me being there, or else they would speak up. I mean, why wouldnt they? Wouldnt you say something if someone moved into your camp? common sense

Ok, I shouldnt have said failure to respond to camp check by itself because people often dont see it, but if your there and they still dont say anything? Come on.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

F2P players have just as much right to be on a Live server as a subscriber. If you don't like that, pick one of the TLPs to play on instead. The rules against automated play apply equally to everyone.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. Now, provide absolute proof they are AFK.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

There are folks in-game I have on ignore. As a for instance, person on ignore sends me tell after tell after tell. If I don't see it I can't respond to it. This may seem like a pretty farfetched example, but it has happened to me.

There are lots of reasons folks don't respond to tells. They aren't fluent in English. That has also happened to me. They are jerks and enjoy pissing folks off. Also happened to me. Sometimes they are in fact AFK botters too. I can guess, but I may be wrong, and I dearly wish Daybreak would do more about what is a real problem. And masks can't help with this one. :)

If I ever get rich enough to buy Daybreak........
    Tarvas likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yes there jerks and dont care though it was funny guy was running through my camp and grab one of my mobs and he though he could out dps my ranger fighting a hs mob lol he gave up real quick. Too bad db doesnt care about afkers there all over the place and dont get me started on ftp or tlp for that matter.

Andarriel
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

As an adult I spend entirely too much time daydreaming about what I would do if I was rich enough to buy DPG. Damn EQ!
    Tegila likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

If you were rich enough to buy DBG then you'd probably be smart enough not to.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Celephane Augur

I disagree, I don't always respond to tells, I really don't want to be bothered. It's usually someone that wants to join my group and I don't feel like it. I had this happen often in FM when I was leveling characters. I have added people before and it just sucked, they want to pull, they want to do whatever.. I want my group my way.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.