No More Kunark or Velious remakes ever again PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem of that is how do you bundle that into an expansion players will pay for. Rleasing content quartly would mean you would get 1 or 2 zones at a time, we are luck if we get 6 "new" zone for a years work. Itemisation would also need to be done once a quarter to get players to go there.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Instead of defining a "standard gear" set for each level, they could temporarily change the "required level tag" into a "recommended level tag", and let the standard gear-scaling algorithm adjust whatever you are currently wearing.

I would actually like that feature, but not if it would be at the cost of new zones. I don't buy new expansion just to replay the old zones...
    Tegila and Yinla like this.
  3. Tegila Augur

Oh I agree that the same so es rehashed over a d over sucks. Especially the blinding yet boring white zones, but we all know they're going to keep doing it most expansions so why not have a more frequent release of new content like this. It would take a couple years in the end, and there would be new "stuff" to seek, just maybe 2 tiers the first chunk, another tier or 2 the second etc. Still be 4-5 tiers a year but I stead of releasing at once and having half the players quit within 6 months til the next year, they could spread it out enough(and they've do e it before) to keep people interested all year. And, of they'd advertise with it, they could attract new players or old players, because they could start at level 1 too. This would be the same amount of stuff, if not more, but doshed out in smaller chunks. The way EQ is right now, is like intermittent faster ng, and the game is losing weight(players) during the fast. Eating smaller balanced meals more often is how a bodybuilder would gain and/or retain muscle and so could the game, while being able to focus on more minute details and QOL aspects as well.

And the nostalgia crowd that would normally play on TLP only, or not at all, could enjoy it. We would (hopefully) get only zones that hadn't already been rehashed, and they could take the time to fully conceive a real, full, new expansion with all new zones when it's all done because what that really is, is art. The actual content is pretty much cut and paste and multiple x a number.
  4. Complexity New Member

Go with a theme expansion. How about classic dungeons? The non-linear ones at least. Upper and Lower Guk, Sol A and Sol B, Kedge Keep, Permafrost, Runnyeye, Old Sebilis.

More? Black Burrow, Splitpaw, The Hole, Castle Mistmoore, Vex Thal (maybe), Grieg's End, Ssraeshza Temple, Riftseeker's Sanctum.

Part of the fun of raiding used to be you didn't just run straight to the non-aggro boss (with nada in the way) buff up around his feet, and then say: "Okay, ready, set, go!"
  5. Windance Augur

Those old raids with a lot of trash, like fear, hate, posky, VT, took a REALLY long time. 2,4,6+ hrs in some cases and I'm going to best most of us on live don't really want to go back to those type events. Those that do tend to go for TLP where their characters are over powered compared to what live was for that time period and they get to comp stomp their way through the content.

I am in favor of reducing the use of enrage timers as a DPS check instead of a 'you can't just kite the boss for 20min' in the middle of an event.
  6. Windance Augur

If they are going to remake some zones let it be Luclin era. The only remake I can think of was in RoF where they reused some of the mobs but made new zones/raids. Come to think of it RoF was a pretty amazing expansion. Class weapons, a ton of raids, interesting lore.
    Skuz and Elyssanda like this.