Merc Ownership

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Emmettsdad, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Emmettsdad New Member

I have a toon with a dragorn merc on it. I used a character upgrade and messed up the toon. I rerolled it, but want to transfer the merc to the new toon. I did what I was supposed to, got in grp with the old toon and targeted the new toon then hit set ownership. I get the error that I do not meet the requirements. What requirements are there?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dragorn merc is a special merc not like the ones you buy from merc merchants. Although he is heirloom I think that means only the contract was before you activate it.

Anyway I have never seen this work but you might want to try a petition and see if they can help.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

So to clarify, the contracts flag your character and not the account. You can only transfer the merc. to another toon with that merc. flagged. That's why you usually get tons of them with the expansions. I've always been annoyed that the DoN prize mercs or seasonal mercs (e.g. FrostFell Aviak) only give you one copy of the contract and not 999 copies like an expansion purchase usually would.

(i.e. To make this work I think you'd need a second contract which probably defeats the purpose of what you want to do.) As CatsPaws said, it never hurts to petition about it but I wouldn't get your hopes up since this isn't a "glitch" and its actual game design. (It's designed this way to get you to spend more.)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.