High levels monopolizing lower lvl zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strikemaster, Nov 18, 2020.

1. strikemaster Journeyman

Whats up recently with higher level players (110-115) perma camping zones like the Grounds, etc. I have seen the same players, camping almost 24/7 the same areas in different zones, but most recently in The Grounds (HoT). They have been there for months, not gaining exp at all, but they basically make 2-3 camps and pull almost the entire zone, making it impossible to do quests.
  2. zarcal Elder

There are some pretty good evolving items that require hunter achievements to be completed. so this will likely continue
  3. Seqsi_FV New Member

I used to camp Grounds when they were super light blue/green for $$. Probably not the best.. I'm truly unware of best plat camps. But it was pretty good dough due to respawn and gem/trash vendor food.
  4. Tegila Augur

Hunters, platfarminf, levelling alts are all likely reasons for this. Grounds is a large zone, there should be plenty to go around. If you need that specific camp for a reason, try asking them if you can join for this quest or that drop etc, or maybe just xp. If it's 110-115s, unless trying to do Hunter for a box army, there's no reason to say no imo.
  5. Celephane Augur

What item needs Grounds hunter?
    Yendar and Svann2 like this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Power levelers probably. Grounds is one of those zones people selling PLs seem to gravitate to.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Findawenye Journeyman

New ToV evolving earring.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What?
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I remember when i was doing hunter on my ranger there were a few mages and named spawn spot my guess they were there looking for bag drops. Rare drop but if you get them can sell for good amount of pp. I needed that named so it spawn and i killed it never got a tell as they were afk. Dont see any other reason for high levels to be there.

Andarriel
  10. Captain Video Augur

Blame me. There was a thread a short while ago about the best place to farm bags, and I recommended HoT Lower Floors. Grounds is essentially the same.
  11. Celephane Augur

nope
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

New TOV ear just asks that you do TOV hunter achievements to carry on. I just finished mine the other week ugh Kael sucked!
    Celephane likes this.
  13. smash Augur

no.

You completely mistaken.
    Earring just requires all missions/tasks/collections/hunter from ToV, nothing from previous expansions.
    Celephane likes this.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

no.
    Celephane likes this.
  15. Grove Augur

But if your tradeskills are lacking, it is back to old zones to harvest the hundreds of items for skilling.
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Unlikely all of them but there have been a few xp bonus events and lots use this as a means to power level for krono or alts.
  17. Cadira Augur

People use illegal programs to run high level toons that have no chance of dying to repeatedly kill thousands of mobs per day in The Grounds for vendor trash, such as diamonds and other plat-creator diamonds for that expansion for the sole purpose of generating plat.

All this nonsense about power-leveling alts and hunters is probably very rarely the case in this zone.

Source: People that do this have told me this is the reason they do it.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

There is no new tov earring.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hard to disagree with you, but I have used a high level paladin to level folks there. For a time on BB that zone was usually empty and that made it ideal for the purpose.
    Cadira likes this.
  20. Dibab Augur

do you mean CoV? Becaues ToV rallos ear does not. No evolving items currently in Live require anything from HoT
    Svann2 and Yinla like this.