Player from 10+ years ago

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vinny, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Vinny New Member

I used to play a bunch, probably too much! I have not played in 10 years or so. Tried to see if old account was still around with all of my toons, does not look like it. I decided that I am going to play some again, starting with a free account (I may or may not change it in the future) and just enjoy leveling up.

What is a good server now? I am not going to be raiding or anything. Just doing solo and pick up groups. I enjoy working on AAs, skills, and tradeskills. I have played a number of different types of characters, looking at starting back up with Beastlord - never did one of those :)

BTW - at what level can we turn on AA exp?
  2. Eindyina2 Journeyman

Just a note, if you contact customer service they can look up old accounts by the email used when the account was created. If you remember the email you used before and can answer the security question you can activate your old account. I was able to reactivate mine from 2007.

Good luck!
    Eindy
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Hythloth New Member

FV is a good live server that I play on. I just returned and there are a lot of helpful people, as well as a permanent exp bonus.

If TLP is appealing to you. Aradune/Rizlona would be good choices depending on boxing rules that would suit your preferences.
  4. Tegila Augur

FV is very specific ruleset and not universally appetizing, or more servers would be like that.
    Try to find old account if you can, I'm sure you have goodies stashed in banks even if you're far enough behind a heroic toon would be better. Old accounts don't get lost unless by the game, only some very low levels toons at some points in time.
    As for as, as always, 51.
  5. Vinny New Member

Thank you. I have submitted a request to Customer service. If they can do something, great, if not, oh well :)
  6. Vinny New Member

Really just wanting to play, relax, have some fun. I do not plan on doing any raiding. No plans to play multiple toons (boxing?) I was up to level 70, lots of AAs, plat, and crystals :)
  7. HotDiggity New Member

I recommend Bristlebane then, it has a good population and lots of casual players
  8. Vinny New Member

Thanks! I will check it out!
  9. Vinny New Member

I created a new toon, on Bristlebane, MaestroVinny a Beastlord, just getting him started, no gear or plat built, just doing low level quests and getting started, trying to remember all the things :)
  10. Vhivi Elder

Have fun and good luck to you. I understand the task ahead of you. My highest level character is a 68 rogue (Erollisi Marr, but originally from Morell Thule). I played steady up until the Gates of Discord although missed out on much of Kunark and avoided Velious like the plague. Most of my raiding came from Luclin zones although we did get into Planes of Power and were just getting into the Plane of Time when World of Warcraft happened.

I never learned much about the game after that and have been off and on ever since. About a few years ago I made a second account and have been working characters up to go with my original cast. I learned quick that soloing beyond Luclin, even with a mercenary, was a losing proposition.

I cannot give any advice what to do beyond 70. I only know to gather defiant gear as I adventure and pass that to other characters although the last (elaborate) is apparently only up to level 70. Obviously you can use it for levels beyond that, but what is beyond is a mystery to me.

Hero's Journey is supposed to have gear, but it appears equivalent to defiant, and is only from the zones introduced with the Drakkin. In my opinion those are the worst zones ever created. Experience-wise and quest-wise they are supposed to be good but look awful and are nothing but a conglomeration of creatures on a dull background.

I am certain others will give you advice on what to do. I wish I could understand what they say. Everyone uses jargon and initialisms which are a foreign language to me, and then they use more jargon and intialisms to define their jargon and initialisms. Very confusing. Even the help pages written up from years past use the same technique. It is like being taught a foreign language by someone who only speaks the foreign language.
    Vinny likes this.
  11. Vinny New Member

Distillate of Skinspikes - where can I purchase these? There used to be a vendor in PoK that carried them but I have not found the NPC yet.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Shows they are made by shamans. You can get a lot of info if you do a google - for example google Distillate of Skinspikes in eq and then choose the one from eq traders and it will show if player made or which npc sells them.

Its possible someone had sold them to the vendor when you last saw them.

Check the bazaar. You can buy from any zone so you don't have to actually go in person. If any one has any for sale.

The merchants Alchemist Redsa, Elwin Razorfur and Ralkor Stoneclaw in Plane of Knowledge, in the western trader building, along with Alchemist Adeben in Crescent Reach, sell an array of basic potions. Some of them only sell a certain level range of potions. All potions can also be crafted by a Shaman with Alchemy.

All those are on your "Find" key
    Vinny likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I see no one mentioned the tutorial. You really should run thru it. At least do the tasks from the NPC's in the middle.You get a lot of good free stuff and it teaches you most of the new stuff. You get a free merc and can keep him free for many levels.

You can get back into it if your under level 11 by going to Secalna Galnor in POK by the Cresent Reach stone and asking her to send you back. She also has more quests to do which can be very helpful but those you can do at any level. Or when you log into the game you will see "enter tutorial" and can do it that way

You get your first AA at level 5 - its called origin. And will send you back to where your home city is. Probably Cresent Reach if your on a free account.

After that no AA till level 50/51. If your a paid account you can use "auto grant" which will give you all the AA for each level you are as you level automatically. The only ones you have to earn are tradeskill ones and a couple caster ones
  14. Vinny New Member

I did a bunch of the quests in the Tutorial, remembering how to play. Did a bunch more in CR, now doing Daily Quests and quests in Blightfire Moor. Still remembering more and more things and learning some of the new stuff, Thanks!