Idea: Expand /Autoskill Function

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I use 6 hotbars, does that mean I sux and need to git gud?
  2. HeatherPurrs Augur

Of course not but 11 come on.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly do you mean by macros that can activate other social keys?
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

5. Dhurgan Augur

I think Waring meant having a player made key call another player made key by a command, not multi-binding a keystroke to activate multiple hotkeys.

I think most players refer to binding multiple hotbar buttons to a single key stroke as multibinding and macro as a player made social key utilizing multiple /use commands. Probably just a misunderstanding in semantics.

Edit: I'm sure you could multibind multiple socials and each social has a longer /pause as the first line so they can cascade.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

7. Tegila Augur

I use all 11 hotbars and discs etc, but like 4 of my bars are noncombat clickies and all my bars are sized and reshaped to be in unused screen spaces, not in the way. Clicks I might use incombat LIKE a spell, are lined up next to my spellgems. Spam keys are hotbar1 right above the chatwindows(I hate what they did to chatwindows btw) and lesser used tools but still used in most fights, are on hotbar 2 directly above that. So, my spam keys on 1, and other common uses like fd, invis, etc. Above that are mob movement keys, aehate aas(things either with longer than a few seconds or otherwise only used once usually during a fight) The bars next to spells include things like glyphs, 7th, clickie debuffs and swarm pets etc, which aren't always used in every fight or are specifically for burns etc. Another bar at the top, resized like 85% and arranged in a block, for things like xp pots, Mana pots etc etc pots. Another similar block on other side of target window has food summons and food itself and other similar things, summon NPC aas. On the right side there are a few blocks with buffs, ports, illusions, shrink, and other such things that are typically once per zone. I don't HAVE to have everything onscreen all the time, bit I don't want to flip pages etc. Spacial memory is stronger for me in that way, same reason I have a screen, keyboard, and mouse for each toon, and don't box and deal with alt-tabbing.
    Everyone has a system they prefer. Your opinion is right for you, mine is right for me.
  8. HeatherPurrs Augur

No. I just have two bars for combat and all other bars aren't key bound, I can't even imagine doing more or needing more than 20 socials. What I'm doing was actually already explained by Dhurgan above. There's actually a monk guide in the melee forum here that partially explains this all. The only thing it doesn't explain is explained in the link I posted.

The Monk burns aren't something you want think about when you need them and there's no way for me to efficiently burn clicking hot buttons, I'm old and I can't click everything in the proper timing so I macro it as a cascade.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

I wish there was an autofish and a autoforage that could be turned on

AND

it would STOP if no interaction with the game occurred over X amount of time. So if you are chit chatting with friends or going through bags or any sort of interaction with the game you wouldn't have to mindlessly press a button every few seconds.

It's so mundane that I made an audio trigger to let me know when to cast again because paying attention to it feels so pointless and I would forget to hit it.

Yes I know you can bind to run but if you are just standing around foraging salt, lime or acorns it would be nice to browse barter, buyer, baz, find, chat, etc.