ToFS #4 Key of Melancholy

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hitty, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Hitty Augur

Giving the last part, the "Brass Boots" to a yearning armored shadow results in getting the broom again, but no key. I tried this 6 times, giving up now. This quest is really annoying. I assume it is broken.
  2. Windance Augur

My understanding is that if you die at any point you have to start all over.

Might that be it ?
  3. Moege Augur

Die/evac/aggro wipe all of those resets the quest. The best bet is have someone do the quest without ever even engaging in combat, only time they are doing anything is if the room is cleared of all mob, rest of the time hide....

Good way to do this is have 2 groups just clearing and then as many as possible doing the key part.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

Every single hand in can be done with hiding behind something near the NPCs without getting aggro.

Under a table
    Behind a bed
    around a corner
    ect....

The NPCs also now see through IVU so you can hail them without dropping IVU.
  5. Hitty Augur

6. Dyna Elder

If it res
    If it resets the items disappear, we did not die or evac and had the boots turned in nothing happened, he tried them on I believe it said and that was it.
    Tried it again same thing, whole group nothing on turn in
  7. Monkman Augur

Hail him.

I had a toon that died and had to "redo" the steps again, same thing happened... turned it what should have been the final item.... then nada.... hailed him, bam got key.
    Dyna and Yinla like this.
  8. Aumnaydar New Member

Just did this today using bard to collect the items. I did evac a few times just fyi. I turned in the last item and he gave bard back the broom. No Key! I went to start over by giving the broom to the first mob, the book to the second mob and I went to give the brazier to to the third mob and I ended up getting the key! I think this is still bugged.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3 boxed this with crappy merc tank & 2 merc healers, cleared each room, did 3 hand-ins and hails, onto the next.

Slow & steady wins the day with this key, no deaths no evacs just careful.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

That part is not a bug, your status is stored in the zone data, and there are a number of actions which will clear your character from the zone data, zoning (like on evac) being one of them.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yeah, but he shouldn't have got the key after only the 3rd turn in after evac.
  12. Raccoo Augur

You can start/restart on any part of the chain. So maybe he evaced a few times during the first 3 steps?
    I like starting with the skeleton since it is easiest to get to with no kos mobs near it, and I start and end at the same place.
    Gialana likes this.