Bazaar Crooks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silentlyc, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Shhhh don't tell them about overseer.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

If they have food they'll eat it. Not while trading, but the short run between the banker and your trader spot they may eat/drink.
    code-zero and KarmaKitty like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Some people really just want to sell to a real player that need the product. I think you're completely missing the point. I DO mark up the prices really high to avoid making the same stuff daily. I feel like my post insinuated that fact, but I guess not
  4. Tucoh Augur

EQ's economy is totally screwed because years (decades) of no cash sinks for high end players have caused many players to have accrued massive amounts of plat they have no use of. So you get prices that are too high for common players and a pittance for wealthy players

I've thought about the ways they could correct this and wondered if they'd do that with the luck stat in some kind of Korean grinding approach ala Black Desert Online or Archeage or Lineage (tldr: make luck way more powerful and exponentially more expensive to increase) or a cosmetic approach ala Guild Wars 2 (the graphics engine probably wouldn't support it). I don't think the playerbase would like either option.

The game might be better if we logged in one day and found all our accounts had no more than 1 million plat.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you could buy a special fusible lucky aug that improved your dps 0.001% I think there would be people that would buy it. But then there would be people that said it was too expensive and not fair to new players, as in this thread.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Evertrek Augur

any game that supports auto buy can have this issue. guild wars 2 is no exception.

all MMOs that offer a game time token has changed. people buy plat/gold now and only harvest mats that are soulbound. they may harvest until their skills are max (for completeness), but then only use them to get said rare soulbound items.

a lot of players push the market prices up or down with their large inventories. set up buy orders to pay copper for items then resell for plat...

i'm surprised that EQ doesn't support krono as a valid item price (or plat).
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea some ppl dont know you can get every collectible through overseer minus tov thats what i did on my ranger i sell some collectibles on my bard for 100k and sometimes people buy some of that (cotf collectibles) got alot of those trying to get splinter aug lol got one after 5 kills didnt see another for 50 named but least its a fast ha.

Andarriel

Ps im wondering when next exp comes out CoV will tov collectables be in overseer?
  8. Stageguy Lorekeeper

What you are experiencing is Capitalism at it's finest. Supply/Demand drives prices. Not sure what server you are on but FV has some really high prices. I would pay 100p a silk all day long if i needed 1500 of them for one reason or another. Farming 1500 (150k in plat) silks would take some long hours, if not days. In that same amount of time I could farm collectibles worth 5M plat... easy.

Sub 115 armor is called Tribute. Tribute it on your characters or sell it cheap as tribute to others. There just isn't enough demand for all of the gear that drops.

As for driving prices down - the only real way will be to eliminate plat in game. Right now the plat just changes hands for Krono over and over. And if you haven't noticed, the guys buying the Krono control the market. if they control Krono prices then they control the economy of the server. Even if sellers try to increase prices for Krono, which people do try and fail, they stick to their standard pricing. After all, those who are selling Krono to them are just going to give the plat right back to them for services, collectibles, gear, tradeskill items, etc.

Capitalism.
    Nolrog likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Every mmo with a non-trivial player to player economy has had threads like this. Prices go up because people have more plat. People without plat complain they cant buy stuff and have to farm it themselves - like we used to.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, I was just thinking about that today. EQ is littered with new features which never get updated as the years go along. I guess we'll see. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update Overseer for CoV, but then get around to it in the spring, which would be a year after its initial release.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea i wouldnt be surprised if they just stopped doing stuff with overseer but well see. i have all the collectibles on my ranger already im just curious.

Andarriel
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the first week of overseer, you could actually get ToV collectibles from the dispensers. So the system certainly support it. :)

The question is, if they will be available at CoV-release or later...

There are a few pre-ToV collectibles you can't get with overseer though: the seasonal sets, GMM collectibles, and that single RoF collectible from heart of fear that is not part of a set...
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Ah yea forgot about those.

Andarriel
  14. Nolrog Augur

If people didn't pay those prices then they would come down. That's the way this kind of thing works. Things don't sell unless the buyer deems it a reasonable price.

People who can afford it will buy up the inventory and resell it at a higher price, if the market can support that price.

There is nothing crooked about this, even remotely.
    Nennius, Tour and Yinla like this.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

I would buy level 6 of Overseer. I would, but only if they fix earlier levels. I miss the flow of level 4 Overseer quests. Still trying to sort out level 5 and see which quests work best without agent conflicts but not working real hard at it. Getting to level 5 was a relief and somewhat of a letdown.

I can see new levels being in the marketplace mmmmmaybe.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No point in adding another level when you don't get the rare or elite quests anyway. Actually thats a lie I got a rare quest yesterday the first quest which wasn't grey or green in months.