Patch on Wednesday 8 hours?????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Curious as to why it is so long.

Very little was patched to test last week, would post in the discussion thread for test but it is still locked. :rolleyes:
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Optimist says: 8 hours>takes 6 hours>happier players

Pessimist says: 8 hours.........................9 hours.......................10 hours..................Up!..........................Down!...........................Potential Issue acknowledged.....................Messsge (No ETA at this time)...........................Servers opening up at this time...........................Your server is last to come back up.

Practicalist says: I had to work. It was down?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We don't know what is getting patched on the backend in preparation for the upcoming expansion as they don't always include backend changes with no player facing impact in the notes.
    Skuz, Tegila, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That was pretty much the same thing I was thinking. It's most likely back end changes that are taking up the bulk of the time, could be expansion related or just an overall change.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Maybe they found a fix for chat channels and it's gonna take a real patch to fix it instead of the hotfix last month that didn't?
  6. Nadisia Augur

[IMG]
    Marton, Metanis, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  7. Xerzist Augur

I sincerely hope its hardware upgrades. I'm on the edge about meow.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. strongbus Augur

I give good odds its a bunch of backend stuff dealing with COV coming out next month. This happens each year the 2 or 3 monthly patches before launch have some stuff in them to get ready for next exp.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

I'm not planning on being able to play tomorrow :)
    Skuz, Nadisia, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yep/ good day to have a 12 hour shift.
    Skuz, Metanis and Herf like this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

I can't remember the last 6 hour patch that actually took 6 hours? Maybe they're just estimating more realistically?
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Nadisia Augur

:D
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  13. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

In truth, do we want the cat channels fixed? If we do that there will be no new cat channels.
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

Finally a day off from work!

[IMG]
    Metanis likes this.
  16. datalor New Member

Hi,

When are the servers back online?

Kk, thx.
  17. datalor New Member

Hi,

When are the servers back online?

Kk, thx.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Soon. Soon. Soon. Soon. Soon.

In truth, the bug insertion and testing process is almost complete. Once the new bugs are validated then the server logs can be erased to protect the culprits.

ENJOY!!
    Metanis and Herf like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

You must be hiding under a table in the breakroom listening in...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

From what I just read in the patch notes, it doesn't really seem like too much is being done to warrant an 8 hour patch. Just wait till they implement the new expansion.