Cannot Reproduce The Journey Home - Lanys Pathing needs fixing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, May 6, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When doing this RAID event her moving from Island to island has become increasingly problematic, where she almost makes it to the next island then falls or whatever, and has to restart, happens over & over on some days.

Please see if this can be fixed as it causes quite some delays waiting for her to eventually find her way.
    Mithra, Dythan, Zipe and 5 others like this.
  2. Brumans Augur

Bump. Happened all expac on Phinny for us, but she usually made it after 10-15 attempts. Starting last week it got even worse for whatever reason. Getting through 4 of these teleports is really tiring, some nights we give up.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the bump.

I will add that we have tried moving everyone OUT of her path - made zero perceptible difference, we then tried blocking her path as much as possible, big model illusions, the fabled Ogre-wall, the works, but again, made no perceptible difference, we just had to wait it out over & over & over & yeah a lot of overs.
  4. Kazzuk Elder

WE HAVE ALSO TRIED BURNING ZEB TO NOTHING BEFORE LANYS IS ACTIVE AS WELL AS LEAVING HIM ENTIRELY ALONE ASIDE FORM TANKED BEFORE LANYS IS ACTIVE, NO DIFFERENCE.

Yes, I know I'm shouting, didn't mean too.... But the whiskey doesn't want to let me retype all that..
  5. Ulrin New Member

This was real bad during raids last night. If the pathing is an issue in the void, perhaps a straight teleportation mechanic could be used. This event is already longer then many due to the RP elements, adding the bugged quest NPC in easily doubles the time spent.

Please have a look.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Zipe The Healer

Any news?
  7. Absor Developer

I looked into this a bit. The problem is likely lag related, so your mileage may vary. I am aware of the issue, but I don't know when (or even if) I'll get it fixed. I can't reproduce it, but I have an idea for a speculative fix. It is just a complicated, time-consuming task.
    Dythan and Duder like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for taking a look at it Absor.

Would the suggested fix of Lanys having the ability to teleport between islands be suitable and less prone to lag interfering than her pathing between them?
  9. Zinth Augur

lag related? so Lany who is running on the server (as she is an NPC) is lagging and rubberbands over and over? or do you claim every single player with "minimal/normal" latency suddenly lags for only this event or how are we to understand it? then snip the code and let her warp directly to the islands (we know warping works fine from the event in TDS where one of the bosses warp from spot to spot in and instant)...
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?
    Mithra likes this.
  11. Dewd Master

Yes, this is how the event has always "worked". She will try to reach an island, and fail, and retry over and over, until eventually the server puts her on the isle. This is an event/script/pathing issue.
    Mithra likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

On bristle we do this every few weeks or generally at least once a month (last time was a week ago) and are not seeing this.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody affected by this issue share what server you have seen this on?
  14. Kendeth Augur

This happens almost every time we do this event on Miragul. Every once in a while she will get to the islands first go or after just a few attempts but a lot of the time it ends up taking 5+ attempts per island.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

It happened on selo on almost every time we tried the event.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce the issue internally, but we are looking into ways that can prevent the reported issue from happening.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Did you try an actual live server, or did you only use your closed testing environments with a total of like 20 people logged in?

100% of these lag-related reports need to be tested on live servers, where there's thousands of accounts logged in.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We tried an actual live server. Selo specifically since it was mentioned.
    Barton likes this.
  19. Jokskilove Palzerker

We have done the event a few times on Antonius Bayle lately to farm currencies. Saturday nights with about 50 people in zone. I haven't noticed any problems with Lanys pathing.
    Yinla likes this.