Wizard's Fury of Magic AA

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fanlatil, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Fanlatil New Member

Is there any reason why the wizard Fury of Magic AA line is weaker than other classes? In Underfoot a wizard can only have Fury of Magic 17/35 which = 27% critical chance. A magician in Underfoot has Fury of Magic 18 which = 34% critical chance. Furthermore, in the next expansion House of Thule, Mages and other classes get x3 trains of Fury of Magic that raises their critical spell chance from 34% to 40%. A wizard also gets x3 trains of Fury of Magic but their spell critical chance goes from 27% to 30%. I apologize in advance if this has been previously posted elsewhere in the forums; I'm just curious why wizards have 10% less spell critical chance than other classes with their AA's.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Thats because they want to give wizards the "illusion" of being a high damage-class, by giving all their nukes a higher base damage(a visible number), while keeping their crit lower(an invisible number). :(
  3. Zanarnar Augur

I'm not sure of the math here, but Wizards have an innate chance to crit spells (Unless they changed that?), so its probable that the innate chance + the AA still gives Wizards the edge.

Let me ask you a practical question; have you parsed this with say a mage for comparison to see who has the higher crit chance in practice? If not, that is where I would suggest you start. The Dev's respond better when you present data to back up your issue.
  4. Fanlatil New Member

Nah I haven't crunched any numbers; just going off the stats the AA window is providing as well as the number of trains allowed. Some of the AA's for the wizard class are bugged in general such as Call of Xuzl; after spending the first point into it from Underfoot expansion it expires and then goes back down to Seeds of Destruction and then after a couple more trains it goes back to Underfoot. I was just curious if these bugs were also the reason why Fury of Magic is much less adequate for wizards. As for the wizard's natural crit chance I believe it is only 2 or 3% but I haven't seen any formula for how wizard crits work. I just know from the AA Fury of Magic; other classes benefit more from it.