Overseer Level Max Borked

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hegsheoshed, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

Take your time getting to Level max in the quest categories. I did and I wish I could go back to level 4.

I'm not sure if different people worked on the different level quests or if the level 5 quests were set up on a Friday just before closing but it does not have the flow of the level 4 quests.

You won't get 10 done in a rotation without pay to win, maybe. I don't use the finish now button and I hear it still has a higher fail rate to go that route. You won't get 10 done in a rotation unless you are maybe counting recovery quests. With no agents incapacitated you will find agents that don't fulfill the slot and get the benefit of using an agent that meets all the bonus requirements. All crazy 'splaining aside there is no point in having those extra bonuses if they can't be met. If you do get 10 in a rotation I would like to know what your recovery list looks like, keep in mind people want to be able to do some quests in the next rotation

Level 5 Rare Exploration Know Thy Enemy is a good example. Slot 4 and Slot 6 both use Lady Chiasa. She is the prime agent for both slots, use Meldrath for slot 4 and you are only getting 2 out of 4 bonuses. Use her in slot 4 and make another choice for slot 6 and you are getting 1 out of 3 bonuses filled.

Maybe it succeeds, more likely you will see a several incapacitations and a failure on top of that. Doing any of these and having 4 out of 5 agents incapacitated defeats the purpose when recoveries skip around the list and recover newly incapacitated agents when there are agents from the previous rotation seems counterintuitive.

Level 5 in Overseer needs some tuning. It's messing with my function.

On the plus side I am able to relax more having gotten to Level 5/Level Max. Getting more sleep and moving more and more to just logging out. I may be liking Overseer more than the game currently. I can use all the trade skill materials I have saved, level 5 should have meant getting more and there is slightly more but it takes a hit from not being able to fill the agent roles.

It is as if I should have kept my accounts running as silver. Level max in Overseer was waiting to mock subscribing.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pay to finish absolutely has a higher fail rate. Like 50% higher.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

The risk vs. reward is completely borked for higher level quests, especially lvl 5. You need more rare and elite agents to do the quests with the same success chance that you were getting before, but then they all have much higher incapacity chances and are down for longer. Only the overseer currency and xp goes up, I'm fairly certain. You definitely don't get any more collectible dispenser fragments or ornament dispensers.

It is hard to judge, since you can't go back and look at what the rewards were for lower level quests. Unless someone has kept up and filled in the details for all quests of all levels online somewhere? Last time I looked most sites only had lvl 1 info.

The recovery quests are also messed up. I've claimed rare recovery quests multiple times in the last few weeks and had agents that had that type of incapacity not get recovered. The elite recovery quests seem completely messed up as the bonuses are set up for agents with rank 2 in those jobs, but the quests require rank 3. (This is a common problem with elite lvl 5 quests in general. Many would give full bonuses to a rank 4 rare agent, but the job slot requires a rank 5. I had started a whole thread on this in the bug report forum.)

Basically, Overseer looks to have been really rushed, with the players on live having to do what amounted to beta testing. Now, with an expansion coming up, problems like this and bugs like the disappearing quests and quests you've already claimed popping back up again as well, may end up waiting a few more months to get fixed. Very frustrating.
  4. Moege Augur

Cannot see the use of the recovery quests myself. Never do them.

You have enough agents to have 5 quests running in a 12 hour cycle even with incapacitation why recover agents ? Nobody could to date explain it to me.

10 quests in a rotation is not possible,
    Start quests it take you at least 10 minutes to get 5 started
    Shortest quest is 6 hours
    6hour+ 10min + 6hour + 10 min is past the rotation cycle of 12 hours

If you look at recovery shortest one I have found is 3 hours, never seen multiple 3 hour recovery quests either, that leads me to believe the max you can actually do is 6 quests in a 12 hour period.

Honestly I don't really care I do them for dispensers when I log in and do not give too much though about failure rate/recover/rotation the rest of the time.
    Tatanka and Metanis like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If i get 80%+ im happy as they rarely fail.

Andarriel
  6. Bigstomp Augur

If you are complaining about overseer you are spending too much time not playing Everquest instead of playing Everquest.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There are plenty of reasons to do them. For example, if you only do research for the maximum amount of tradeskill items, and you therefore need 5 agents with level 4 or 5 research to start them, and some of yours have 48 hour incapacitation.

You also don't have to claim the reward from them right away. I've had 5-6 rewards up in my quest reward queue, agent I wanted is down, hit them until you get that one cleared.

Since most are 3 or 6 hours, you can do them in between. Like, when there are no good types you want to use, and you have time to pop that one then log back in later after tasks rotated.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I do them as low as 70% now. Haven't had a failure (across 6 accounts) in months now. And last failures were due to "finish now". Other than those (in July maybe), last failures were in April.
  9. Moege Augur

Was under the impression the agents used for the quest does not get released back to available pool until you claim the reward ?

Anyways I don't do research :D doing tradeskill research was enough button pushing for me.
  10. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Overseer is a feature that they added several months ago. It contains quite a few useful rewards for people that are "playing Everquest" as intended, such as: obtaining tradeskill materials from older expansions to clear out recipes we need to 'learn' in order to reach 350 skill, building up the collection dispenser fragments to obtain collectibles as an alternative to paying up to 100k or more each in the bazaar or refarming old content worth little xp in an attempt to find them normally. (It said that four shining lights caught my eye! Why is it then so hard to actually find them within a reasonable time frame after the mission ends?!? I can't tell you how many TBM HAs I've done where I came up with only 1 or 2, sometimes even none at all, within the 30 min that the zone stays up after finishing the mission.) I have found little use for the currency and don't care too much about ornaments, but the xp is also decent when added up over time.

So, yeah. Maybe we just aren't "playing Everquest" the way that you think is correct? If you think that someone requesting a new feature is asking for something that would take away from yours or someone else's enjoyment of the game, that is fair. If you think that there are more important problems for the devs to use their limited time on, that can be a fair point as well. But these are actual problems and bugs with something that the devs added to the game for people "playing Everquest" to use and enjoy. If you have some kind of point to make like those I mentioned, then go for it. You can do so without insulting people for caring about a problem that affects how they are "playing Everquest".
  11. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

They get released when you hit the button for the quest being finished, but yepmetoo is talking about the quest reward window that pops up after that. You don't need to actually 'claim reward' right away, so the 'recover agent' rewards can build up. I've done that before, but it is annoying to have them sitting their, so I don't do that anymore. The whole incapacity/recovery mechanism is clumsy, in my opinion. I could say a lot about it, but we have already been chided once for "complaining" about Overseer instead of "playing Everquest".
  12. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I still, very occasionally, get failures and critical failures, but certainly nothing near what should be the case from the % success chance that is displayed. (I can usually get 5 of the quest types I want for 85% or higher, unless I've had bad luck with incapacities and have 10 or so agents unavailable.) I think the stats show maybe 1% or so of my quests have come back as failures or crit failures overall out of well over a thousand quests total. The displayed success chance must not be the actual success chance. Maybe quest level plays into it somehow? Giving a secret bonus for being Level 5 in Plunder vs. Level 2? Who knows?
    Tatanka likes this.