Ranger TOV raid ore weapon choice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sage Knight, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sage Knight New Member

Looking for advice on what Ranger weapon should be picked up first when getting a TOV raid ore. I like using archery, however I have heard in chat folks mention getting a 2 hander instead for a ranger due to raid mechanics for better DPS. I welcome any comments from those who have already gone through this decision process and have tested it out. Thank you in advance! As a point of reference for current weapons I use an Ice Encrusted Bow for ranging and the T3 2HP for the sympathetic proc, and for melee I dual wield and ice encrusted sword/axe.
  2. Szilent Augur

3. Sage Knight New Member

Thanks for the reply Szilent, I've read through that post and it was a bit confusing previous to this post. It seemed more focused on T3 Group/TS options and it was a little all over the place regarding anyone who posted about raid. Bottom-line, I'm asking if any experienced raid rangers recommend that I should get a bow or melee weapon with the first raid ore I get (taking into consideration the gear I currently have mentioned in my original post)?
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

From my rather limited testing you want the bow first, then the 2HP for the proc while bowing.
    Xalatan and Dru Shadowblade like this.
  5. Xalatan New Member

This right here.