any suggestions till they fix eq?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like an mmorpg thats 3d, and not pvp focussed
    Played ffxiv to death. Tried eq2 and somehow it does seem to have what it used to. Same with wow. Any ideas?
  2. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

3. Derka Power Ranger

Diablo 2 always has a spot in my heart not really an mmorpg though
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Try just a RPG and not MMORPG. Baldurs Gate 3, Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro, Dark Souls or Monster Hunter World. Go hop into the Borderlands for some loot and shoot fun.

If you want a MMO try Path of Exile, it’s an ARPG. Pretty much solo play, but so is WoW. It’s free, anyways.
  5. Captain Video Augur

If you liked FFXIV, Phantasy Star Online 2 has launched in the US, and it's F2P. It has a typical JRPG fashion component which you can ignore if you choose. Some players will be more serious than others about doing the actual progression tasks.

Neverwinter is based on DND 5e rules and still appears to be doing well. Lord of the Rings Online continues to grind along, and is now published by some small independent company called Daybreak.

Skyforge is a Russian-developed space-themed action-type MMORPG which shares one unique feature with FFXIV, the ability to allow one character to progress in all 18 of its classes and instantly swap between them. It's cross-platform, and is supposed to have a Switch client launching by the end of the year.

And there's always Runescape...

EDIT: If you can tolerate a gacha game (many can't), the hot property in that category right now is Genshin Impact. It has much of the look and feel of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
    FURTHER EDIT: If you can stand doing a little work setting up an emulation, SWG Legends gets my vote.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. Bardy McFly Augur

Check out Guild Wars 2 or Elder Scrolls Online. Both are very solo friendly and easy to pick up for an hour and put down in a place you can easily pick back up from. Good change of pace between EQ sessions and breaks up the repetitive nature of EQ.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Path of Exile is great if you like Diablo. ESO is included in xbox gamepass.

My favorite game is Crossout. Its mad max themed twisted metal (cars) with call of duty style match making and an RPG builder and a player economy. Your XP gets you "structure" (armor) and you play to earn materials that you craft with to make non-structural parts (cabins, weapons, wheels, etc). You assemble your car the way you like lego style. Every car is different. It's matchmaking is based on the combined score of your parts so usually the pay to win aspect of the game is inconsequential, as buying better weapons raises your power score which raises your match making to match. The only PvP where powerscore is not limited is clan wars, which is end game stuff. I played about 2.5 years just enjoying the gameplay and buying and selling from other players, then I finally spent $10 on the season 2 battlepass, mostly because I enjoy the game so much I felt like I owed them money.
  8. Lolthe Journeyman

Path of Exile is nowhere near as fun as Grim Dawn, another Diablo'esqe type game. If you want another free type of MMO, you can always pick up Warframe... space ninjas, what more could you ask for. If you wanna have fun just tinkering around getting mad at all the bugs, try Star Citizen. I just recently tried that and im constantly blowing up, but the visual aspect of the game is stunning as it is now. Shows a lot of promise
  9. Cimbaeth Elder

I've been playing "The Dungeon of Naheulbek." It's a cute/funny rpg that just came out about a month ago.
  10. Tegila Augur

I know this isn't the exact subject, but what is broken about it? It's not like the servers are down like with the Sony hack...
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EQ us fine for me. I've been logging through Steam the same as always.
  12. Nadisia Augur

Status: 11/13/2020 21:51 PST - We are continuing to investigate potential issues with patching/launching the game.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/error-downloading-the-game.271501/

Dunno if it's fixed, but the beta server was broken too.

That's the main BIG advantage of lauching the game the old way, and not with the launcher : eqgame.exe patchme.
    That way, the launcher never tries to download broken stuff, because you don't use it :p
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

EQ currently has three major issues, fortunately not all for everyone (unfortunately that makes it harder to track the causes):
    1. For some people, the patcher doesn't operate properly. The server on which the EQ patch files *should* be stored doesn't seem to HAVE them stored and the patcher claims the patch server is unavailable. DBG says there is a DNS problem with their host "CDN".
      My launchpad DOES patch properly now. It had a short hiccup some days ago, but while I checked if that problem is already known I noticed the launchpad eventually started EQ. Now it is working as normal.
      Why it is working for me and not for others, I cannot say :( . Maybe my patcher caught the correct server's address while others still have outdated data.
      Unfortunately there is no "official" HowTo from the dev's (or I am not aware of it) which file in the EQ installation should have which entries to work correctly.
    2. Some people report VERY long zoning times, most of them zone for several minutes. To quote from a 80's/90's SitCom series: "Peg, we have 2 1/2 minutes, let's go up into the sleeping room".
      I don't have this problem. My zoning times vary between 15 and 20 seconds between "Loading, please wait" and "You have entered ...". Either I am done with zonings way under 30 seconds or I have a zoning LD (happens once every few weeks).
    3. And then there are the problems with the uChat server:
      - Some people loose their channels about one minute after entering a zone. They don't know why, they have no exotic internet connection and no weird network setup with strict firewalls.
      I don't have THIS problem either.
      - A whole group of channels doesn't work for more than two months now, the "serverwide." channels. There is no explaination yet what got changed during September patch causing the serverwide channels missing.
      Cross-Server channels and chats work (even from and to Beta and Test), though there are no cross-server tells from and to Beta. But that chat limitation from and to Beta is nothing new, it was like this in the past too.
    *edit*
    I have two files on my PC which does have "EQHost.txt" in their name.
    The first one, "eqhost.txt" contains only
    Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com:15900
    while the other one, "eqhost.txt.save" contains
    Code:
    [Registration Servers]
    {
    "eqlogin1.989studios.com:5999"
    }
    [Login Servers]
    {
    "eqlogin1.989studios.com:15900"
    "eqlogin1.989studios.com:15901"
    "eqlogin1.989studios.com:15902"
    "eqlogin1.989studios.com:15903"
    }

14. Shanarias Augur

I am able to log in and use Live just fine, with no glitches. Test server wants the bogus patch, and does nothing.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The problem wasn't downloading broken stuff it was downloading changed files. Live server was working if you didn't need to patch, test was broken because it was patched when this happened and the same for beta as it has daily patches.

As a not this issue appears to be resolved as you can now download beta and test patches and log into the game.
    Cimbaeth likes this.
  16. Xerzist Augur

We are stuck in what I'd like to a call a death loop of old and "new" MMO's.

I play Everquest only because of nostalgia, and because a few friends still play it. But I am not without complaint for the current state of Everquest which is probably obvious from my posts lol.

Frankly just not much on the market. I was seriously invested in Camelot Unchained, although, now it looks like a scam. Pantheon has my interest. Honestly, might as well play FPS or RTS games or learn something new IRL.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The most current state of Borderlands 3 is effing amazing.

The cons are the main story is awful and the farming can be brutal.

The pros are all 4 DLCs have been amazingly entertaining and all 4 vault hunters wreck face.

There are like 200 legendary guns in this version of the game and after recent balancing, the majority of them are viable - some just on certain vault hunters over others.

There is no one meta, too. You can play around with various class mods, skill point distribution and annointed effects to tailor a build that's right for you.

They just launched an all inclusive version for Season 1 for $59.99 (I think the Director's cut?) and it's $29 for Season 2 which just started content. Black Friday is coming... :)
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What i played before i started playing eq. I named my char after andariel i spelled my name a bit different figured eq would reject it lol. On the tribunal i met a barb named charsi and she asked about were i got my name haha.

Andarriel
  19. Nadisia Augur

@Svann2
    If you want something really different, you can try Warframe.

The game is 100% free to play, and honestly in its genre, it's fantastic.
  20. quseio Augur

ehh welll imo the only thing that would save eq is a new company willing to spend more money, and a soft reboot not a complete wipe but 75% at least eq is tooo topheavy too many aas rediculously huge gear, of course some people would refuse to move on , so the old zones should all be preserved but everything new would have to come through the new hub, we could have a npc you ask to "return to the past" or "embrace the future " or something new graphics new models a sort of soft character wipe when your in the new area you lose your lvls while in the new area, lose the aas, many but not all items depowered, in effect restarting(but only for the new area) You can try Pantheon rise of the Fallen , its not out yet but it is in its final pre alpha phase and will be going to alpha (hopefully) 1st quarter next year( noite thats just my guess its a small team) its was started by Brad mcquaid b4 he died.