No More Kunark or Velious remakes ever again PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Nov 9, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

Thinking about this issue and the general state of EQ. What I would love to see is a year or two spent solely on class balance and reworking abilities. Then instead of new content we just replay ToV and CoV from the new class perspective. I think it would be great.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No new content for a year or 2 years would kill EQ. Having seen how little there is going to be next expansions I'm only looking at getting CoV for 2 accounts, 2 others will stay as all access without CoV and my 5th will go F2P (only has T1 ToV gear none of which is prestige). I expect to be done with CoV at the latest end of January (apart from raids which is the only reason 2 accounts are getting the expansion). The rest of the year will be spent doing things on alts that I've slacked on, heros journey, progression upto VoA, getting a few clickies alts are missing. This year I did RoF - ToV after I finished ToV on a few alts.

Then the end of the next year, pick up 2/3 expansions when the sale goes live and be ready for the expansion after CoV before it hits. Though I may just skip this expansion on 3 accounts and preorder the next.

Disapointed at the lack of AA, new or otherwise for a non level increase. No one needs exp, so the only reason to play is AA and there is very few to obtain. :rolleyes:
    Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think DPG were limited with COVID19 restrictions and "working from home"-conditions this time around. Most of us probably expected that CoV would be a "barebones-expansion". :(
    Under absolute ideal conditions they might have been able to deliver something as impressive as VoA. But even that is pushing it...
    Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Coming in 2021:

Everquest - Fins of Phinigel

You asked for it, you got it! 5 new zones all underwater....
    Nennius, Elyssanda, Nadisia and 3 others like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they could make pathing work correctly in underwater conditions, then I would unironically like an underwater theme. :)

There are many lakes on the old maps that don't exists ingame...

and I want a shark-mount! :p

Sadly, I think the pathing-code was coded with a "2D-understanding", which wouldn't work well underwater...
    Just try to have 2 chars next to eachother with levitate on, and watch them "warp" downwards in small steps...
    Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah, yeah. Lip service. You know you're buying 5 copies of CoV...

Gang, look - EQ is still around. Still pushing out expansions and content. Is it less than it used to be? Yep. But if you're posting in these forums and on this thread then you're a grizzled veteran of EverQuest. A dyed-in-the-wool, supporter-until-the-end, staunch ally of the game.

Let's not pretend to be fed up. Let's, instead, support this latest effort and give ideas for the next. Because you're still here. And so is EverQuest.
  7. Chorus Augur

we are giving ideas...no more kunark, no more velious. It's been done multiple times to death and we need a break from it. Luclin is a good idea, so would another round of pirates be interesting. You can only milk nostalgia for so long. I take 6+ month breaks every year, not because I need to, nor because I'm maxed out, but because I'm tired of kunark version 5, and velious version 10. I didn't even do the RoS expansion at all due to this. Need something else badly at this point. The nostalgia quest players are all doing TLP anyway, those of us who don't suffer from that affliction need something else now.
    Tegila and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah that streamer influence is not insignificant.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For a year, would lose some players, 2 years yeah definitely put a lot of nails in the coffin, some diehards would still be here but it's player base would get decimated.

OTOH are we really getting anything new with the Nostalgia expansions besides reskins of zones spell revamps & new quests? no not really, but its better than nothing.
  10. quseio Augur

i wouldn't mind a proper velious based expansion but with new zones like new thurgadin and more, and maybe coldain as a race, undead pom,undead sg rebuilding thurgadin could be the tradeskill quest of the expansion, that said unless we start visiting all the various un named planets and minor moons like drinal, theres not alot left to do without a remake of velious
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

And Mayong Mistmoore is the boss of the expansion because reasons.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. Nadisia Augur

Welcome to ScubaQuest :p
    ... or SubnautiQuest.
    Coagagin likes this.
  13. Chorus Augur

Need a forest based expansion. More surefall glades, jaggedpine and wood/half elf action! Tie it in with Bristlebane doing something stupid and it could be a fun one.
    Nniki, Nadisia and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Nadisia Augur

I would love that, really.
    My 1st character ever on EQ1 was a ... druid (so original haha), and I played a lot in outdoor zones with animals.
    Jaggedpine was one of the best, really.
    A cool, quiet and rather peaceful zone, I loved it.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some expansions have done nostalga really well, they gave the feeling of new, rather than just a rehash of old zones.

Best expansion in resent years has to be TBL showing they can doing nostalga with totally new zones, its only down side was the style of progression. But there has been other expansions showing they can do nostalga in a way that it feels new, like HoT and SoD.

I find the reskinned zones grow old faster than new zones, I spent more time in Gorowyn and Kor Shar Lab more than other zones in EOK and ROS. During ToV I revived a 10 year old rogue who was level 92 and played throught most of the last 8 expansions just to get me away from snow and ice!

I know I'm going to find it tough to play for any length of time in CoV due to being totally bored with white zones! I already have a few ideas of what I want to acomplish over the next year and expect heros journey to keep me busy for months. :D Damn rogue and her illusions!
    Tegila and Skuz like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we have a chain saw to cut a few of the trees down!
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

SEALAB 2021!

Gotta see if the name Mailboxhead is taken already!
  18. Jalelorf Augur

I think they should do a poll for the next expansion. Give us three or four choices, if they plan to reuse current zones, then let us vote. They don't need to reveal the winner until announcing it. It would at least give us a feel that we have some input.
    Tegila likes this.
  19. Micker Augur

Kunark was an awesome expansion! The first day that expansion went live, was like walking into a new world. So many cool zones! I'd like an original EQ upgrade to 110+ levels!! Miss Unrest, Lower Guk, Sol b etc. Camping the Ghoulbane, in the original EQ on my pally, for days, was a blast and so exciting back then!
    Celephane likes this.
  20. Jennre Band Leader

I am sure the next 2 expansions are already in their planning stages, with regards to theme, location and overall design.;