Wizard's Epic on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raj3200, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Raj3200 New Member

I do not understand why the Ever Quest developers can't put the broken golem portion the wizard's epic into an instanced Plane of Fear. I pay for a subscription so I can play the game; I always have and I always will. Being able to do an epic quest and receive your epic weapon is an important appeal for me for playing Ever Quest. I am irked that I must pay an additional $200 to someone in-game in order to get my epic. I already pay to play, so why do I have to pay again in order to do something that should be included in the game? I don't think there is anything wrong with selling loot rights; someone kills a mob and wants to sell the loot, that is there business. But when it prevents others from doing a quest, then it becomes a problem. And that is exactly what is happening right now to the wizards of Aradune.
  2. AraduneWizard Journeyman

That necro from TEB isn't there all the time. You have to camp it and do the turn in first - no one is stopping you from that. I got my epic by camping it for 12 hours and it popped while the necro was offline.

If you are paying attention, you can get the spawn before his Show EQ triggers and he gets back to it.
  3. Vinlail New Member

The problem is that people WILL pay that amount, so of course they will continue to farm it. That type of behavior is fortunately rare on Rizlona, but I know it is the norm on Aradune. Yes the simple fix is to have the BG spawn in DZs, but clearly they don't care enough to fix it.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

With your current stance I suggest that you side against selling loot rights altogether, not just when it directly impacts you.
  5. tzeriel Lorekeeper

The problem is two fold.

First is that the devs are lazy clowns. They have no respect for the players who pay to keep the lights on. I’ve heard people say they’re straight up in league with the krono farmers, but that’s a bit tin foil hat for me. Simplest answer is usually the correct one, which points to either a lazy dev team or a company that just doesn’t give a damn anymore.

Second is the mainly two types of people who play a TLP. You have arrogant, toxic turds that think every pixel is worth money and you’ve got nostalgia hounds who think paying $200 for a wizard epic will make them feel 20 years old and elite again. It makes for a real bad environment for the small percentage who don’t fall in those crowds.
  6. Triconix Augur

Or they are concentrating on creating new content on live servers? There's an expansion currently in BETA testing.

New content takes a higher priority than a 20 year old epic that is useful for only 3-6 months tops in a TLP.
  7. Sebbun Augur

They put out at least 1 TLP, if not multiple every year. Fixing the half dozen or dozen crap spawns would entice people to come to a server, or stick around on a server longer. While I understand your argument, it is not even nearly valid when TLPs come out as often as live expansions, if not more frequent.

If you don't invest into TLP, then maybe you should stick to the live server forum.

Every single TLP we see the same issues from the same mobs. Rather than spend the time/effort they to fix these issues, they let them linger so we get to same the same forum posts year after year.

It would literally take someone 8 hours or so to fix some of the spawns and would make the TLP experience much much more fun.
  8. Triconix Augur

And shockingly, many people still come to TLPs regardless of the annoyances of those spawns. And as I stated, even though TLPs come out each year, the usefulness of the epics is less than half the duration of each yearly expansion release. Again, priorities lie elsewhere.

Last I checked, I'm also playing on a TLP. Maybe Aradune isn't a TLP and I actually travelled back to the past to play current velious?!

How about instead of treadmilling TLPs and whining about the same longstanding issues with classic/kunark people continue on and experience new content? What a novel idea *shocked pikachu face*

I'll say it again: Complaining over an item that will have a 25% yearly usefulness for each TLP isn't worth the effort.

You have no idea how long it would or wouldn't take. That's just a completely made up, arbitrary statement.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Sebbun Augur

Yes and many people express frustrations year after year. Some of those frustrations have been addressed, other remain outstanding.

Getting Epics for many are achievements and I think many would enjoy TLPs if the experience was fine tuned.

I've played on Live several times. It's nearly impossible to catch up, even on FV. Prior to the AA revamp, I spent weeks on weird levels so I could max out AAs. Then i get to max level with no one to play with, or group with people that are leaps and bounds ahead of me. It's not a fun experience. TLPs overall are much more fun.

I'll stick to TLPs or playing other games. Which is kind of my point that investing into TLPs is expected by many of us and I am sure this forum will continue to have people complain about pain points in their play throughs.

"That's just a completely made up, arbitrary statement." ^^^ I think pointing out pain points should be encouraged by the community. Whether devs take action or not, isn't up to you or I.

This isn't just about wizard epic, there's a lot of other areas that could improve the TLP lifecycle greatly and I do not understand why you think us "complaining" isn't warranted.

Always have disliked people that claim everything is fine, while reading through many people's experience pointing out otherwise and trying to invalidate those thoughts.
  10. FluttyMan Elder

Even on mangler this golem is still perma farmed...
  11. Lejaun Augur

I can't disagree with you. I think many people forget that many of the quality of life improvements we've seen on the servers comes from people pointing out the problems. Why they get offended when people want more quality of life improvements, I'll never understand.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Crazy. How many wizards do you guys have?
  13. Karanthal Augur

None, they all quit or rerolled as melee DPS. We're in the lvl 70 era of high resists and low spell damage.

Some effort has been spent in recent months removing bottlenecks from epic 1.0 quest lines. I'm sure this is on the backlog as well, but probably not at the top of the list.