AAs in Velious

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torrok, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Torrok Journeyman

We should have 50-100 AAs to grind out during Velious. Nothing too crazy, just some select general ones that aren't game changers by any means. Some in the "general" category. Kunark gives us a few levels at least... Velious is nothing. I don't mind raids and picking up items but the game also needs the exp grind to keep people interested during this expansion
  2. Crabby New Member

Even just be able to bank them would be nice. give us some reason to xp
    Senadin likes this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Not classic
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The absolute peak of eq is right around this time. Whether its velious or pop its around here. That's why tlp are do popular.

Any fundamental change should be shot down like a conservative value tweet.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

If you finish AAs in Velious what are you going to do in Luclin then? Classes all only get in the ballpark of 300-400 each, with ~200 of those being useful.
    Rajaah likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

There are a number of expansions with "nothing", no AA, no new Levels..just catchup expansions. Velious is just the first but at least Velious has lots to do, wait until you're floating around in LDoN or DoN
  7. Rile Lorekeeper

Im looking forward to DoN :)

I transferred to Mangler from Aradune and had to very quickly level from 60 to 70, get raid gear and then work on AAs and my 1.5 and 2.0.. Its currently in OoW, but i joined when it was about half way thru that expansion

Lots of people are bummed about DON because there are no new AA or levels, but im ecstatic because it gives me 3 months to fully catch up on AA, epics, etc
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly, catchup expansions, finish up AAs you're missing, max out that level, do some tradeskills. If you're already capped on everything then there is very little to do.
  9. Mrjon3s Augur

Get sacrificed if you don't like wasting exp. If they let you bank AAs during velious or even opened them up you would have nothing to do during luclin.
  10. Coletricklw Journeyman

Nothing to do? Such hyperbole.

If all general AAs were available, there would still be 100-200 AAs to get in Luclin. If you could bank 120 AA, you would still have a lot to get. Don't be silly.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Are you advocating for making velious an 8 week expansion since all your examples are the reduced time frame?

If not, then this is an apples to oranges comparison.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm not advocating per se, but if they made Classic->Luclin all 8 week expansions I'm sure not many people would complain. But alas, that would mess with the 1 year to PoP re-roll a new TLP cycle we have going o_O
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

Firstly, who said your guild would be able to handle Velious raid content? Without focus effects, these Velious encounters will give a lot of guilds a run for their money and you may not see your first AoW kill for a week or two - let alone putting it on farm.

Moreover, the AA banking so soon wouldn't make sense to implement because of the speed at which AAs can be accumulated. You'd be at your proposed cap in like a couple of days playing casually. After that you'd be right back on the forum asking for more out of era content added.

I'm sure this would be a hard no from the TLP team. That said, do quests you haven't completed.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People complain about MoTM - because it stopped the content being trivialised, so players asked for the balance to be fixed, the devs took away the focus effects until Luclin & people went nuts, then the devs took away some of the melee boosts too, and yet MoTM is still required to not have the content trivialised, so many changes went in over 20 years that the old content was affected quite severely.

And now you want to have AA in velious which would up the power creep even more in the wrong direction & would make it necessary to have an even stronger MoTM rather than ever moving towards getting MoTM removed.....

Some people think they know what they want when they really do not, face-roll easy EQ is not fun its super boring, I don't want pre-retune GoD Difficulty either (on the other end of the scale) but trivialising the "classic era" is already a problem the devs are trying to get fixed & enabling AA in Velious would be counter-intuitive to that.

So it's a freaking big fat no way in hell from me.
    Dythan likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

LOL. You must be new here.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

BAHAHAHA touche. People will complain about absolutely anything and everything
    Skuz and Nolrog like this.
  17. Tymeless Augur

Honestly no. If you want something to do roll an ALT. Velious is the first real raiding expansion. Do stuff that will help you raid better like quests, factioning, or play an alt or box.
  18. Buddi Elder

Do shawl or ring quests to keep yourself busy, work on your tradeskills or just roll another character (pick a server, they all need more players). If you're not raiding and already max level, that's all there is during Vellious.

Most raid guilds on TLPs start planning for the next XPAC as soon as they beat the current content. That's the batle rhythm, get the beat or you will be a wall flower at the dance.
    Rajaah, Skuz and Boze like this.