Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. cadres Augur

This morning on one account, one quest (1/5) missing
    This evening on the same account another one quest missing
    Plus another account with one missing

Unlike other posters, I almost never (and not for many many months) get these disappearing quests reappearing at any time. They've gone for good
    dreadlord likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Also with the above posters, happened last night on a couple accounts.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

lost 1 on one account, had 6 rewards on the other.. so I broke even?
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wasn't having this issue very frequently, but I am now. Any further statement as to progress on this issue?
  5. Gialana Augur

Since the October patch, I've noticed both missing and extra quests more often. On one account, especially, I often have extra quests, up to 8 total active quests. I started noting which quests I've requested and finished since Wednesday, Nov 4 on just this account. The account I kept track of is played on the laptop with Windows 8 while the other accounts are played on the desktop with Windows 10.

I typically claim and request quests between 8:00 am and 10:00 am central time on Emarr. I do this once a day on alts, claiming the experience reward when available. I then either log completely out or switch to my main. Before I check on the status of the quests the following day, I always log in and completely out at least once. Also, I always do overseer in PoK and don't zone the alt except for camping.

Below is a list of the quests requested and claimed. I note which level the quest is. Since I was finishing more than the 5 quests I had requested the previous day, I also noted if it was a success or critical success and whether any agents were incapacitated. My hope was that this would help identify whether quests that had disappeared in the past were reappearing or if it was quests that I had already successfully claimed.

Here are my observations. It appears that sometimes a quest that disappeared one day comes back another day. Also, it appears that quests I've successfully claimed are also reappearing. I kept track of my experience and total agents, and it seems that I'm given the rewards for a quest more than once. If there were a way to kill rewards in reward window, I would do that.

Wednesday, Nov 4
    These are the 7 active quests, even though I only requested 5 the previous day, though I don't know which quests I had requested. I do know that I had only requested 1 recruit task.
    Shock and Awe 3 common plunder success werewolf wounded 12 hours
    Clockwork Caves 3 uncommon stealth success
    The Ol' Dusty Trail 4 common diplomacy success
    Over the Kedge 4 common military success legionnaire shaken 28 hours
    We the People 4 uncommon military success Devolah shaken 28 hours
    Recruit Fighters 5 common recruitment success
    Recruit Travelers 5 common recruitment success prophet banished 36 hours

I then requested 5 quests in this order
    Recruit Equestrielle 5 uncommon recruitment
    Elven Wine 3 uncommon crafting
    Grave Robbery 3 common stealth
    Where the Bodies are Buried 3 uncommon harvesting
    Exotic Foods 3 common crafting

Thursday, Nov 5
    Exotic Foods was missing. I claimed the other 4 quests but didn't note the success rates this day

Requested
    Recruit Travelers 5 common recruitment
    We the People 4 uncommon military
    Revenge with a side of Plunder 3 common plunder
    Gathering Ghosts 3 common harvesting
    Still have 59 minutes on Recruit Equestrielle from yesterday

Friday, Nov 6
    Exotic Foods is still missing, Grave Robbery appeared
    Recruit Equestrielle success
    Recruit Travelers critical success
    We the People critical success
    Revenge with a side of Plunder success
    Gathering Ghosts critical success narcissist captured 24 hours

Requested
    Recruit Workers 5 comnmon recruitment
    Elven Wine 3 uncommon crafting
    Study Buddies 4 uncommon research
    Don't Wake Daddy 4 rare military
    Fresh, Never Frozen 4 common military

Saturday, Nov 7
    Exotic Foods is still missing. Only have the 5 requested yesterday
    Elven Wine critical success
    Fresh, Never Frozen critical success
    Study Buddies critical success
    Don't Wake Daddy success
    Recruit Workers success

Requested
    Recruit Travelers 5 common recruitment
    We the People 4 uncommon military
    Shock and Awe 3 common plunder
    En Passant! 4 common research

Sunday, Nov 8
    Sun morning
    Exotic Foods is still missing. Shock and Awe is missing. Elven Wine has reappeared even though it was claimed yesterday
    Recruit Travelers success
    We the People success
    En Passant! success
    Where the Bodies are Buried Success Anitohk exhausted (24 hours)

Requested
    Recruit Fighters 5 common recruitment
    Revenge with a Side of Plunder 3 common plunder
    Party Crashing 3 common stealth
    Choker Craft 3 common crafting
    Shades of Night 3 common harvesting

Monday, Nov 9
    Exotic Foods is still missing. Shoack and Awe is still missing.
    Elven wine reappeared, again. We, the people reappeared
    Recruit Fighters success Thubr wounded (18 hours)
    Revenge with a Side of Plunder success Dead wounded (12 hours)
    Party Crashing critical success
    Choker Craft critical success
    Shades of Night success
    We the People success

Requested
    Recruit Galeth Veredeth 5 rare recruitment
    Clockwork Caves 3 uncommon stealth
    Fresh, Never Frozen 4 common military
    Grave Robbery 3 common stealth
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

in the last 2 times I have done overseer on Kata, I have lost 2/5 each time. get 5, come back to 3.

Make that the last 3.. as I log in to find 2 missing.. again
  7. Gialana Augur

Unfortunately, it appears the fix, if implemented, didn't work. However, I'm now wondering if the disappearing quests are quests that have failed. For this to be the case, the success of a quest would need to be determined upon request, not finish. Camping (or possibly zoning) would then trigger the failed quests to be removed from the active quests list even though the quest timer hasn't expired. But I noticed that the agents used in the disappearing quest are still listed as questing in the agents tab.

The number of disappearing quests I'm getting doesn't seem unreasonable based on the listed chances of success. And if my theory is correct, this could explain why I can't remember the last time I've seen a completed quest listed as a failure (I have seen critical failures, though). This would also have to affect the stats since I'm seeing 970 quests completed, 209 critical successes, 761 successes, and only 17 failures (failures are probably from the first month of the overseer system).

If this is correct, I can't see how it would explain how camping can sometimes trigger a quest which has just been claimed to reappear on the active quests list, already completed.
  8. Gialana Augur

Some of my last post is incorrect. The agents that are assigned to the quest that disappeared appear to be immediately released; they do not continue questing.

Also, I believe on another account, I made sure there were 5 active quests remaining after camping a few times. I didn't check before I went to bed, though. When I checked this morning, there were only 4 active quests.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is getting old now....

Sneakyyin - AB all times are 8 hours ahead of PST

After starting 5 quests I zoned and lost Drunken sailor, the quest did not return to my available quest window, started a fresh quest zoned again and this time I kept all 5 quests. My log for overseer is below. Vanishing quest is in red.

[Mon Nov 23 21:42:25 2020] Your available Overseer Quests have been rotated.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:32 2020] Your Overseer quest Traitorous Thoughts has been completed.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:39 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Traitorous Thoughts
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:40 2020] Your Overseer quest Shadowed Struggle has been completed.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:44 2020] You receive (an) Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragment(s).
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:44 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Shadowed Struggle
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:45 2020] Your Overseer quest Blind Luck has been completed.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:54 2020] You receive (an) Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragment(s).
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:54 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Blind Luck
    [Mon Nov 23 21:42:59 2020] Your Overseer quest Catacomb Creeper has been completed.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:43:04 2020] You receive (an) Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragment(s).
    [Mon Nov 23 21:43:04 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Catacomb Creeper
    [Mon Nov 23 21:43:07 2020] Your Overseer quest Dark Deeds has been completed.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:43:10 2020] You receive (an) Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragment(s).
    [Mon Nov 23 21:43:10 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Dark Deeds

[Mon Nov 23 21:43:42 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Deal of Seven Lifetimes with the following agent(s): Marcia Attamilgad, Firiona Vie, Sister Donna, Thistle Underbrush, Phinigel Autropos, Avatar of Brell.

[Mon Nov 23 21:44:14 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Drunken Sailor with the following agent(s): Dabner Drednever, First Ranger Kele, King Tearis Thex, Zarchoomi, Guard Orcflayer, Ambassador D'Vinn.

[Mon Nov 23 21:44:49 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Trade Secrets with the following agent(s): Shifty Jenkins, Clockwork VIIX, Nyzil Bloodforge, Garanel Rucksif, Ognit Eznertob.

[Mon Nov 23 21:45:31 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Fab Four with the following agent(s): Nylianne the True, Nybright Sisters, Galeth Veredeth, King Kazon Stormhammer, Gearheart, Bilge Farfathom.

[Mon Nov 23 21:46:32 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Wrangling Ragefire with the following agent(s): Cloaked Dhampyre, Shadowman Leader, Emperor Crush, Challice, Butler Syncall, Minotaur Lord.

[Mon Nov 23 21:46:36 2020] You begin casting Stealthy Getaway I.
    [Mon Nov 23 21:46:37 2020] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Mon Nov 23 21:46:42 2020] MESSAGE OF THE DAY:
    [Mon Nov 23 21:46:52 2020] You have entered Age of Unity Village, 200 Terminus Heights, Palatial Guild Hall.

[Mon Nov 23 21:48:14 2020] You have started the Overseer quest Guard the Guardian with the following agent(s): King Tearis Thex, Joren Nobleheart, Retlon Brenclog, Shadowmane Warrior, First Ranger Kele.

[Mon Nov 23 21:48:21 2020] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Mon Nov 23 21:48:37 2020] You have entered Guild Lobby.
    dreadlord likes this.
  10. dreadlord Augur

After a month or more of no problems, I logged in this morning to find a whole bunch of quests missing .
    These disappeared after being 'confirmed' (ie by zoning etc). They were very much there 11 hours ago. They are not now.
    Obviously it's great that this is happening much less (to me anyway, ha), but not so great that we have so little info about what's happening or whether there's any way to make sure our quests don't vanish
  11. Scila Augur

So here's what I've noticed the last couple of days, apologies if it's in here somewhere. On both accounts, two days in a row, if one Overseer isn't ready and I leave it until the next day it poofs. This has happened two days consistently on two accounts. I get busy and don't always go back and catch the 24 hour ones when they pop finished if they have another hour left, the next day there "should" be 5/5 ready but this morning again only 4/5 sitting there. Guessing it will surface eventually, but where does it go?
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Lost 1 on both accounts overnight.. got 5 before going to bed, just went to do it again, both accounts only have 4.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

I lost one today and one yesterday.
  14. dreadlord Augur

Also still dropping quests. Nothing like the same frequency as previously, but every few days a couple of accounts will have one or 2 quests missing. It never happens to just one account,, at least 2 will be affected.
    Cannot see any pattern re days when quests disappear and when they don't

Also been getting quite a few 'cannot start quests' bug much more frequently than in recent months over the past couple of weeks
  15. Febb Augur

I really think the quest rotation code is the culprit in dropping quests.
  16. JeffHanson Augur

I finally decided to try this Overseer thing and had a quest disappear from my first batch of five quests. This has been going on since May and we are still at "QA in progress". Wow.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

One reappeared this morning (I had 6 active quests) but one disappeared this evening.
  18. corwin Journeyman

As adjunct to this happens to often can we get the max completed quest upped to 11 or 12 , I often have 1 or 2 quests appear the next day
  19. dreadlord Augur

This is getting bad again :mad:
    Past 3/4 days, on main acc, one quest (1/5) is disappearing over every 12 hr period
    This happens like this:
    Create 5 quests. Zone and/or log to another toon on acc to check all quests are still there. They are (unlike with previous iterations of the problem). Play EQ. Check quests are still there. Log to trader. Sometime (it seems shortly before they are due to mature) one quest disappears.
    This is annoying

It was work in progress many months ago - is anything happening?
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Lost all 3 Quests on a FTP Alt last last night and 1 Quest on All Access earlier today