FIX YOUR WEBSITE

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hekaton, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Xanadas Augur

FWIW, site seems to be operating pretty well today.
  2. Xanadas Augur

aaaaand its slow again.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

The person who can fix the problem has been found. That's a load off my mind.

[IMG]
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Bardy McFly Augur

I had some minor lag a few nights ago. Tonight it's really flying.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Forums are especially slow today. Literally ten+ minutes for a page to load! Is this being worked on? I am in the San Diego area if it matters.
    Nadisia likes this.
  6. Jondalar Augur

Took 90 seconds to load this thread. I feel like I'm on a modem again.
  7. Nadisia Augur

Same from Spain Nennius, it's slow as hell.
    It's fine while browsing between the different forum sections, but as soon as you try to open a specific thread, or a page ... *♫ doop doop ♫ bedoop (elevator music) ♫ doop doop ♫ bedoop*
    *a few moments later* (10 minutes) Oh cool, it's loaded. Pretty damned fast tonight :p
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but...now things are loading really quickly. Hmmmmm
    Nadisia likes this.
  9. Nadisia Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

Look at mine :
    [IMG]

Pretty classy, isn't it? :p
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea this morning it was really bad for a long time.
  11. smash Augur

I wish I could say different, but I completely agree.

I have tried to log on through mobile into forum, and there seems to be no issue.

But I have also tried through computer, on 2 different ones.

On computer 1, there is horrifying lag and I have to retry the pages multiple times to get them to log, that is through edge.

On computer 2 is it more or less same, but there I have tried edge, firefox, chome and IE. computer is relative new and no caching, as I removes caching then I log out.
  12. Jondalar Augur

Its poop again today. With the added bonus that moving between forums is slow as well.
    I feel like I'm dialing up with AOL
  13. Nadisia Augur

AOL vs Compuserve, the good old days (with Netscape browser)

bzzzzzz tsshhhhhhhh tzoing tzoing tshhhhh

It's not as bad as 2 days ago, but yeah, it's slow-ish from time to time.
    Jondalar, Herodotus and KrakenReality like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

I have to wonder if this is at all related to the current issue with their CDN provider, though the forum does seem to be working today.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

I don't think their forums use a CDN

mm yup, from the report pasted on the first page: Looks like you might not be using a CDN

So its likely not the same issue. (Just from that report, they have several server-side tuning issues to address that would make a difference.)
  16. Maedhros High King

If I experience any problems, its usually when I am trying to access the site from my cell phone, rather than the desktop.