Chat channels keep going away

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Malbro, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Malbro Augur

On Luclin, my chat channels go away upon zoning. I zone and get them back and then they go bye-bye again within 5 minutes or so.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This behavior is sometimes caused by firewall/router settings. If you've recently adjusted those settings or are connecting from a new location, it could be worth checking. Universal chat connects via a randomly chosen UDP port, and if your UDP Connection Inactivity Timeout value is set too low, it can cause uchat to disconnect after short periods of inactivity. Zoning resets this connection, but it will time out again without uchat activity. Try setting your UDP Connection Inactivity Timeout to 60s if it is currently set to something lower than that.
  3. Celephane Augur

Except that this problem is widespread and he's not the only one. I didn't make any changes and I have the exact same issues, I've had them for over a month now.
  4. Malbro Augur

Day 2 report, chat channels still going away minutes after logging in and zoning...
  5. Blyster New Member

This has been happening for me on the Aradune server since the monthly patch and Universal Chat server maintenance in Sept (2 months ago).
  6. Malbro Augur

Just for some information... what is and where is the UDP connection setting? If it is in the modem/router, I have no knowledge of how to pull that info up.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

8. Immortalus Lorekeeper

This is a separate issue from the larger thread on chat channels. Like others here for 2 months now none of my channels work except for a minute or two after logging in or zoning. After that it says the Universal chat channel is unavailable. These are local channels like General, nothing to do with cross-server.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the other thread covers multiple problems.. read it, and make sure to hit LIKE on the first post. the universal chat is what deals with all chat channels, and friends list, and ingame email.