When is the next TLP? Ready for a new one. Preference. No box. One account. Starts on Kunark.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Nov 8, 2020.

1. MMOer Augur

Make it so.
  2. Nolrog Augur

It hasn't even been 6 months since the last set. Aradune is limited to playing 2 characters. It's in Kunark now. It's pretty much what you want.

There is no need for another set right now.
  3. Triconix Augur

And yet it is quite common to encounter people boxing more than 2 characters. No matter what the rules are, the issue is really about the enforcement of rules. You can make as many servers as you want with all different requirements, but if nobody enforces the rules, nothing is going to change.
    Senadin and Iyacc like this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

As it would be to encounter people boxing on a no box server.

That doesn't change the fact that nearly the exact ruleset mentioned exists right now.
    TheChosenOne and Skuz like this.
  5. Triconix Augur

I'm not disagreeing. The next TLP shouldn't be released for awhile and once it does, it should start post velious. Cut out the Krono farmer bots as much as possible.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Omg y u no like velious
  7. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Aradune 2 box rule is already a disaster and you want to double down on it? Aradunes population at this point is no where near where Manglers was at the same point. Their best bet it to do another Mangler (enable item effects though) and it would be very popular.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Aegir Augur

As long there is a population larger than the server can handle on a classic TLP start-up. I don't think they are altering it in any way.
  9. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Next TLP is truebox PoP locked pvp
  10. Tayvial Journeyman

Won't happen.. the two new servers was Planes of Power locked but so many complain and they fixed it.
  11. Trevalon Augur

New server:

Selo's with 8 week unlocks and 1 week DZ's.

By far from everyone that came to Mangler from Selo's to my guild that was their 2 biggest complaints. The monthly unlocks were too fast and the half DZ timer meant their guilds raided like 5 or 6 days a week to get double lockouts each week and they got burnt out.

Release that server and I'd put some money it would be the most populated TLP ever.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Rothj Augur

p99 just released kunark 2 days ago, so that may be what you want
  13. Machen New Member

No thanks...
    sedain111 likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

If they open this server, I'm going to 5-box it and see how far I get...

Really, though, I don't see them ever opening a no-box server.
  15. Iyacc Augur

From one of the guilds that stuck it out on Selo's the longest, this is close to what a lot of people would have rather seen - after the fact.

6 to 8 week unlocks and double loot drops on the normal DZ lockouts. This would have allowed you to keep more raid targets in the rotation without having to raid every night but still gained you that extra loot you needed.
    Yinla, Tymeless, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rothj Augur

What I liked the most about selos was the luclin release. It was totally different from every fresh server in the past and felt way more "complete". The faster exp felt fine since there was so much content to do. What they should have done was made a longer launch period, maybe like 2-3 months of just luclin at release, then 2 months of planes of power, and go from there.
    Iyacc likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

New TLP soon? No chance.

With the Covid thing still impacting just about everything I see no sense in a new TLP until Aradune/Rizlona hit the 12 month mark, at least.
    The dev team have a huge amount on their plate right now & are basically 3 experienced devs short, though the new people are likely getting up to speed as fast as is humanly possible.

A server that hits a sweet spot between Selo's ultra-fast unlock & the 12/8 schedule would do well so I agree with some of the above posters about that.

8 weeks unlocks for expansions with a level raise & 6 weeks for ones without plus double loots rather than halved unlocks on paper looks great - the thing you have to bear in mind is that doubling loots is much more labour intensive than halving unlocks as the dev doing that has to put in a lot of research & double-checking to rebuild the list of items that are going to need to be double-loot enabled, it's actually a huge amount of work to do that. I really do agree that doubling loots rather than halving unlocks suits players far better but it would definitely take longer to make a new TLP with that ready.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

I personally hated Velious, originally and now. I liked how they structured things with the factions, but didn't like the zones overall. Then again, I am always a gnome and Kael was hell to move around in. For me the dark time in EQ was Velious/Luclin/PoP. I liked it a lot better once we got to Gates and OOW.
    Thalliius likes this.
  19. Thalliius Augur

hehe i giggle at the TLP treadmill..

I was on it for awhile.. then went to Aradune so i could epxerience the "classic" EQ everyone was clamoring about... and after about a month into Kunark I was transferring to Mangler lol

The early era of EQ nostolgia wears off real fast, especially when so much stuff is locked down by krono farmers, forcing you to basically pay anywhere from 1-5 krono for an epic quest piece

quality of life playing this game improves so much around Luclin/PoP, I could never go back to pre-PoP era EQ after getting a small taste of it again. Plane of Knowledge for traveling around the world instead of having to find/pay a porter all the time, mounts for faster traveling and constant medding for casters in outdoor zones, a bazaar where you can quickly put your stuff up for sale and leave your toon on overnight, while doing convenient searches for items you need rather than spamming EC tunnel all day long
  20. jeskola pheerie

Next you will tell us your favorite expansions are Dragons of Norrath and Prophecy of Ro
    Thewiz likes this.