New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Nadisia Augur

Sometimes, it's pretty cool to have some short term memory disability ... wait ... what did I say ? o_O

I'm a goldfish too, with probably the worst sense heading ability in the world lol.
    Always lost, that's my credo.

correction : maybe not the worst, I bet my husband is worse.
    *reminds me the last time he used a paper map*
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Tegila Augur

haha me too. must have maps i ngame. irl i guess its different but i prefer written directions to google maps(google maps never takes you to the right place exactly, or it tells you to turn in the wrong places like it did 4 times in a row for me the other day- tryign to send me down a 1way side of the same road i turned down that it said was wrong lol)

normal maps and written directions are fine. when i run in eq im usually staring at my arrow on a map.

but i can get up to use the bathroom and forget thats why i stood up
  3. Captain Video Augur

This is how I do it:

I box at breakfast. I do cheesy things at lunch. I press buttons and automate before dinner. Rinse. Repeat.
    Tegila likes this.
  4. Strawberry Augur

I am not here to take away your boxes, the angst in this thread is unfounded. I have neither the ability nor leverage to do this, no need to get angry at me.

However, I will not water down my argument to appease to boxers. Boxing is not healthy for a game, it creates problems within the game's economy, it is very exclusive instead of inclusive. It throws up technical, financial and other barriers to new players.

Boxing goes completely against the idea of an MMO where people are working together and socialing.

As a developer you want to throw a net that is large enough to ensure the viability of your game is guaranteed into the future. Catering to a small niche group of players who rely on boxing with multiple PC, multiple accounts, scaring away potential newcomers and alienating existing players, is not a way to do this.
  5. Tegila Augur

im going to explain that for the less intellectually inclined out there: Creal for breakfast, mac n cheese or grilled cheese for lunch, and tv dinner for dinner (in the microwave)
    Vumad likes this.
  6. Tegila Augur

we have ennumerated why none of these arguments hold water. and people arguing with you are more arguing with YOU now than about boxing, until you bring u p another ridiculous "point" about boxing that also doesnt hold water. it is YOUR words that are fueling this. YOUR generalizations about people, in the game and in society, and YOUR insistence that you know what everyone on eq is thinking. Every single "point" has been answered, and answered, and answered, you just dont care for logic.
  7. Strawberry Augur

Well, why do you ask such a question? Why do you want to know who I am?

I take up a position that is not shared by people in this section of the forum and I have to deal with the majority of posts reacting with anger towards me.

Developers support these type of positions, and support anonymity on the forum to mitigate harassment in the game.

I don't think sharing who I am with you is a wise thing to do, is it? It leaves me open to abuse and harassement. Some people on the forum don't like the position I take regarding boxing and they are free to express this. But some react with anger towards me and are making it very clear they don't like me, it would be very unwise for me to share personal information with those people.
  8. Tegila Augur

idk, ive had some major fights with people on forums, ok a lot more than some, and some were quite extended, and its never come back on me in game, and i use my main toon name al lfor the world to see. and if you're on a TLP (where one of your assertions should logically play due to their restrictions) they should all agree with you shouldnt they?
  9. Strawberry Augur

The players on TLP are much more open to the idea to restric boxing. TLP draws in a nostalgic player who has fond memories of EQ having a much healthier social fabric supporting single-account-owners.

I always disagreed with Battleblade regarding the game's progression, he drove a wedge between casual players and himself, but he was always right when he argued that single-account-owners were at a disadvantage and that boxing would jeopardize the long term sustainability of the game.
  10. Tegila Augur

my oint is that if you're ploaying on a server where most ppl agree with you, then someone knowing who you are should be what..a good thing no? unless all tehse people you pretend to speak for even on TLPs dont actually agree with you and you're really a minority even there. then maybe you need witness protection lol
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Show me evidence that I have harmed the game or anyone in it - and I will stop playing altogether.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Your group ran over my toe once, that hurt...
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

/cancels ten accounts
    Sissruukk likes this.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yes, i fully understand why people that like boxing feel that way. It's just really funny that you're ignoring others peoples legitimate concern as to why it's cheating the systems that are part of the genre. Just kinda shouting at the other side and completely ignore her points while getting really booty blasted about her ignoring your arguments.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Cheating what systems? A full group enters a zone. Kills named. Gets loot. Someone loots the loot.

Is it a box group? Is it a group of 6? Is it a group of 3 players with 3 mercs?

WHO CARES???????? It doesn't matter. Opportunity is not a right. If you want in on it, get after it.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. You are basically conflating the idea of boxing and cheating so that even ALT-TAB boxing is cheating. (You could probably count the number of people who agree with you on one hand).

2. How am I ignoring his/her points when he/she has a new argument with every post?

I love a good booty blast.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Strawberry Augur

If boxing was as harmless as some make it out to be, TLP players wouldn't have requested special ruleset servers that actively discourage boxing.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So, no evidence then? Copy that.

Consensus was that some people don't LIKE boxing. If boxing harmed the game as much as you say it does, EverQuest would have died years ago.

We're done here. Lock the thread.
  19. Strawberry Augur

If you want concrete examples, I suggest you read the TLP forums where box armies actively monopolize camps and distort the economy.

The fact that Everquest players actively demand TLP servers that limit boxing, and that those servers end up being the most popular, shows the negative perception boxing has. A perception that is justified.
  20. Strawberry Augur

In fact you would get a lot of backlash trying to defend your pro-multiboxing stance outside of the Everquest veteran forum bubble.

You would not get a lot of support on the WoW forums or frankly any other MMO forum.

You would quickly run up against arguments that argue boxing distorts player power level, that is distorts the economy, distorts PVP, distorts the social fabric of the game, you would have a hard time defending your stance.