Game etiquette and end of the year weirdness.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Is anyone else noticing increasing rudeness and lack of etiquette on the Live Servers?

I am having people walk into camp, taking mobs, and/or ninja looting without communication over the past month than at any other point since ToV launch. Previously, everyone has been very gracious about communication and interaction. (I am the kind of guy willing to give up a camp or loot if someone really needs/wants it).

I am chalking it up to COVID and election fatigue, and new or returning players.

Here's to hoping that we can maintain civility and respect during this coming holiday season.
    Aegir, Ceiteag, Boze and 2 others like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The holiday season was canceled this year.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Sissruukk Rogue One

5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

2020 has been brutal.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were another round of lockdowns between Thanksgiving and Christmas. lol.
  6. Broozer Augur

Paging the UK...
  7. Tegila Augur

am i the only one wondering how OP is having ninjalooting issues?
    Lockdown and Tarvas like this.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

I removed the political post and the responses. Let's not.
  9. Astral64 Augur

10. Ceiteag New Member

I agree 1000%
    Benito likes this.
  11. Lockdown Elder

No, I'm wondering that, too. When I kill a mob, I loot it right then and there, thanks to the loot window. Moreover, when a mob dies, it takes time before it's open to be looted by someone else.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

I work for a major public university. Our infection rate is extremely low as compared to other campuses that have also allowed students back. Still, we're expecting a significant number of students to not return after winter break due to risk, actual exposure, or increased infection rates in the area.

I personally expect our county to go back into max lockdown between Thanksgiving and New Years.
    Bardy McFly, Nennius and Benito like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It happened twice to me because I was waiting for a friend and an alt, respectively.

In the first instance, I was running an alt to an Epic 1.0 piece and the zone was empty. I unlocked the corpse because I let my guard down but stood over the corpse. I guess it was bad luck because someone ran over and ninja looted the piece. (I get it, it was my error; but any decent player would shoot a tell before looting).

In the second instance, a Crystalized Velium Ore dropped and the 15 minute loot window timer expired before my friend got to the corpse. Someone running by decided to ninja loot.

In both instances, there was no communication from the ninja looter (not the same individual).
  14. Celephane Augur

As far as you know *rubs hands together evilly*
    Benito and Nennius like this.
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

Numbers are all pointing at this wave being worse than the first and being closer to the big one we were trying to prevent. People gave up and this is the result.

We should all appreciate the fact that our hobby in this game ended up being one of the least disrupted, also we get to enjoy the same social interaction that we are used to while many others suffer not having social interaction with their friends and communities.

Lag and all, this game and community is a lifeline for many of us and we should all do our part to help keep it around.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have actively been trying to include people and go out of my way to help others. One person had some very sad tales to tell and was thrilled to have some company.

Get out there and do all the good things, folks. People need YOU!
    Ceiteag and Sissruukk like this.