Zone connections missing from Find

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kaenneth, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

In Blightfire Moors, I cannot 'find' the PoK book

This is extra bad because it's on the path newbies start on, and since it moved at one time, maps are often inaccurate. Does not help the new/returning player experience.

In Argath, I cannot 'find' Beasts Domain

I can get a path to Valley, but the route to BD is not available.

In Corathus Creep I cannot 'find' Lichen Creep

This was literally the longest step for me in doing the underfoot shawl aug quest.

First, I didn't even know there was a way to Underfoot aside from via Brells Rest. I had so much trouble getting through to Fungal Forest ( with all the random see-invis mobs in UF...) I started looking for other routes.

Given the clue that it's in the north edge of the zone, There is a blocked off tunnel, an npc named 'Transport Unit' who talks about a bell shaped device that if you click it swivels. None of these zone you, you have to step on a small metal disc nearby that looks like random debris.

Very annoying to find the first time.

Any other hard to navigate zonelines that could be fixed?
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

The zone guide is really broken in Underfoot. You can't Find many of the teleporters that take you to other zones as you mentioned, and the zone to zone instructions can be just plain wrong. If you are in Brell's Rest, or anywhere I imagine, and try to GPS your way to Convorteum, it will tell you to go through Brell's Rest, Underquarry, Foundation, and Convorteum. There is no zone to Convorteum or Volska's Husk in Foundation, you need to go to Arthicrex and enter the bug's mouth and use the teleporter there.

This was frustrating for me since I was not playing during Underfoot and don't know the expansion too well, and the maps you download from Mapfiend don't have those teleporters labeled.
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Drakah UI Designer

I just did a zone guide to convorteum and found this issue is still there... leads you to the foundation zone where there is no entrance, thanks EQ!
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Greaaat, a 6 year thread rez.
    Zaray likes this.
  5. Nniki Augur

There's a bug thread posted here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/map-guide.267848/

Add a like to support it. The number of likes are used to gauge the level of interest in getting it fixed versus other bugs.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is thread resurrection a new achievement?
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

Is the bug still there, yes
    Is thread still relevant, yes
    Is a resurrection needed, yes divine rez not just a silly 96% one.
    Cazmac, Kaenneth and Grove like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think we had one earlier in the year that was 8 years...
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite so. That's the current record IIRC.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Whats the point of replying to a 6 year old thread i dont get it?

Andarriel
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Who cares. Seriously. How does it bother you if an old thread is bumped? The issue is still valid today as it was back then.

Andarriel
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Cazmac Augur

I heartily agree with this posting; Find has been, it seems to me, neglected, possibly in favour of constructing new TLP servers instead. Today, I was trying to get to Lichen Creep, which I had never even heard of before the 85 Gifts of Steel anniversary quest. A valiant soul tried to guide me there from Brell's Rest but one of my duo died in...oh not even sure where it was but possibly Undershore - along that way anyhow. Yes, I used the map and yes, I used the Search tab but it was a bit hard to see and follow and if only there had been a Find to locate the next zone... It didn't help that I kept falling into the water in the area after zoning into Brell's! I did see that bell shaped device but didn't know what it was, same with the disc but I shall know if I go back. I am not a quick and clever player, sorry for that!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The EQ's Find and /waypoint command does not work well when a significant change in the z-axis is in play. The final location is always marked with an X on the map, but the game is not always able to make the path to get there. It isn't something high on the list to get fixed.
    Cazmac, Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I always thought it was intentional. You shouldn't need to be led by the hand to every location. The X tells you where, you need to figure out the how to get there.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The problem is that there isn't even an 'X'. The Find system just doesn't seem to know the zone connection exists at all.

Blightfire to POK appears to have been fixed at least.

https://i.imgur.com/9ERFTdo.png

But here I am looking at the object that zones in Corathus to Lichen Creep, but it doesn't appear on Find, and the Zone Guide wants me to take an 8 zone long alternate path.

https://i.imgur.com/cBYbzy0.png

This door is the connection from Argath to Beasts Domain; but Find and the Zone Guide don't seem to know it exists as well.
    Cazmac likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some of these connections used to be behind locked flags and it seems those are the ones that are not mapped to the players liking.

It might be the statue access that is altering the path. Happens for the Husk too.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rijacki like this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

AFAIK POK and Beast's Domain were never locked behind flagging.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry my post was not clear. I was referring to Lichen Creep as far as flags.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Underfoot

The pathing to the Moors was not in the game for years and as you yourself noted that it was fixed.

As far as Beast's Domain - just read the comments in Allah and it will tell you how to get there - since 2012.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=810

Your going to run into the same issues, map wise, when you want to go to TDS so here is some advance knowledge for you which is similar:

The Darkened Sea has group flagging. Only the two Tier 1 zones (Tempest Temple and Katta Castrum: Deluge) are open zones. To gain access to Tier 2 zones, you must complete the flagging chains in Tempest Temple and Katta Castrum: Deluge.

Tier 3 zones are locked independently - that is, you must complete the flagging quests in one Tier 3 zone to enter the next Tier 3 zone. The order is: Degmar, the Lost castle - Thuliasaur Island - Combine Dredge - Arx Mentis
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I'm pretty sure Brother's Island is also not locked, too. That's where the individual teleport item (parrot) goes to. I'm pretty sure I've been to Brother's Island without doing any of the progression but I might have been grouped when I did.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep your right - they made it open in 2014. I think what happens is some of these zones that are or were locked behind progression or tiers so they have issues with the zone path because they were not supposed to be accessible.

I think they have changed it because like now, there is a zone patch showing to Deepshade but you cannot enter unless you did Mean Streets. But you can find the entrance.

And this could be the reason they have not corrected the path - it is an old issue and you can find the way if you look it up so its easier for them to have it that way then spend the time and employee pay to change it.