Old Style Poisons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silver-Crow, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Silver-Crow Augur

The Old style poison system was quite interesting especially when sourcing some of the rarer ingredients.

I have 2 small requests however.

1. Make them stackable. My bags are only so big, and these being non stackable is just silly.
    2. Please make them last more than one charge (as per the new poisons). In a busy camp, there's no way you're ever going to use a one hit only poison. I wouldn't say they're overly powerful, but add a bit of Flavor to rogues.
  2. Machen New Member

Play past the first few expansions and both of these happen.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

Well yes and no.

Yes when you get to Seeds (i think - see https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=84514) you start seeing the new style poisons. From a new TLP opening, that's a long time to wait.

and no... these are not the old poisons it's the new tier 1, tier 2 system, which is a bit boring compared to the flavor of the old poisons... as lets face it spider bite and scorpions agony are the 2 that are mainly used... and these are available to all.

I'm not asking for the old poisons to be pumped up in effect, i just want them to be stackable and to last more than one hit. It is probably one thing that would make rogues a bit more desired in groups in the early expacs.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There's a few poisons that give you a 15min buff in the early game, they are all still terrible because poison resist checks on the required level of the ITEM not the PLAYER so anything at cap is going to be resisting it 95% of the time.

Off the top of my head, Scoriae Bite(Velious), Bite of the Shissar(Luclin), and Mangled Tendon(Kunark) are the better ones, but still not worth making.
  5. Xunil Darkwood New Member

The first stackable poisons (10 shot variety) come about during PoP/LDoN/LoY era along with the (original) Grandmaster satchels and trophy quests for the various tradeskills, long before SoD.