White Satin Gloves

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bazuker, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"It's easy" and "it's ridiculous" are not mutually exclusive
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was always and will always be a stupid requirement, having to go back and kill named in 20 year old zones is no ones idea of fun. No one wants to go back and kill a shed load of greys cons, and good luck finding Bertox up to get the few group named that spawn only during that raid to finish Crypt of Decay.

Just because it is better than some other expansions doesn't mean it was a good idea!

Ring - Vanquisher in EOK & ROS
    Shoulders - all collects - this one seems a bit out there as well, really should have just been EOK and RoS as well
    Boots - Travel everywhere really should have been tied to the compass, meaning you can skip a few expansions like LDON. :rolleyes: But still have to do an aweful lot of running around.

Gloves is by hard the hardest to do, camping for days/weeks per zone in EOK and ROS was more than enough. PoP is more work than those 2 expansion put together.
  3. kizant Augur

Just don't get the gloves. It's really not a big deal.
    Andarriel, Duder and Derka like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh You'll only anger the herd.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

The gear was a gimme for nonraiders to get almost raid level gear from grouping. Not everyone has the option to raid, so many players were very thankful to jump through the hoops to achieve it on their own time.

Your subpar drive deserves subpar gear.
    yepmetoo, Sissruukk and Duder like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Subpar drive? Don't confuse a complaint about the quality of the gameplay with a complaint about the workload. They are two vastly different things.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Complaining about the evolution requirements IS complaining about the workload in my book. It's really not that bad as others have stated. This last round of double named for 2 weeks really gave stragglers and new players a chance to wrap up Slayers. At least on Vox. The gear isn’t required to be successful, it's an option for min/maxers to go for. If you don't want to get your gloves dirty then the just settle for T3 group.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Again, the problem is not that we need to do something to unlock the items, it's just the nature of the activities that we have to do ...

Seriously, visit every single zone + request/decline LDoN adventures mindlessly till you get all the sub instances just to zone in/out, collect hundreds of shinies to complete scavenger achievements, kill a bunch of trivial mobs in trivial zones?
    What an accomplishment and performance to get access to raid level items ... :rolleyes:

The only cool one was the Djarn ring because it requires something that is (or was) somewhat relevant : Champion of The Empire of Kunark + Champion of The Ring of Scale.

Everything else is just bull poopy :)
    Vumad likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rallos Earring had better requirements at least everything was in the current expansion that everyone was working on and you didn't have to choose between getting achivements so you can use an item or getting exp.

I hope we go with that kind of thing in future for evolving items rather than sending us back to Velious for hunter......not that I'd mind that mine was finished before ToV went live just in case the insanity carried over to that expasion.
    Vumad likes this.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

1. Sit in General chat, announce that you are starting a raid to kill PoP hunters.
    2. As people join send them out to different zones to kill nameds.
    3. As zones start to fill up with folks, and Acheives start flying, Elect someone to take over raid leader and announcing in General chat.
    4. Go to the mall and hang out while others do your work. (optional) ( grocery shopping, watching tv also work here )
    5. Reap benefits of starting the whole thing up.

ps. your welcome
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I actually got tired of south karana and started doing eok ended up getting all hunters plus dragon essense aa faster i could get sk done kinda sad actually. Took me like a month to finish eok (Ranger +merc) Ive done Ldon oh boy was that a pain in the stupid arena hunters :( i just do hunters for something to do.

Andarriel
  12. Duder Augur

Ring - Vanquisher Champion of EOK & ROS

fixed ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Imagine the whining if they had left it as requiring RoK hunter instead of PoP (changed in beta due to player feedback).
  14. Xyphen Maximum Augur

TBL chase items are 100% worth the effort and honestly a bargain given their staying power.

It isn't just the raw hp/mana that makes them so strong, it's the focus effects/procs from the augs (accuracy, mitigation, damage procs, healing mods). So even if raid gear was on par, DBG would have to start placing level caps to decidedly phase them out. They could also just release better and better 18/19s and they'd last forever.

It'll be at least one more expansion until raid stats supersede TBL evolves. I'd guess another 2 or 3 expansions until group gear catches us.