How exactly do you use this new loot window?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lambro, Oct 14, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Auto grant can only be done on paying accounts. You can click it any time you want and every time you level you will get 90% of the AA for that level free. You do not have to wait to high levels if you don't want to.

Most players that are free or Silver get to a higher level like 85 or so and then go paid for one month and do the auto grant then. Some do wait till closer to level 100 - that's up to the player.

If you are free or Silver you have low AA caps - 250/free or 1000/Silver but what ever AA you get during that paid month you can keep. Its usually about 4000 AA at level 85.

You can get lost cause you get so many each time you level and it takes a while to look thru them all. I prefer earning them so I know what they do.

Edit the 90% of AA I mention means there are some you do not get and still have to earn..like trade skill ones
    Lambro likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One last comment on the Auto AAs: They do NOT go all the way to the lastest expacs (per OPs question).

The way they've been doing it for a great many years now, is that you can get auto AAs for all expacs except the 4 most recent. Currently, that means everything through TBM is eligible for Auto grant, which is level 105. Once the new expac drops in December, then most likely EoK AAs will also auto grant. Since EoK was not a level-increase expac, that would still be level 105.

And just in case it's not totally clear, if you get to 105 now and go all-access for one month to get the auto grant AAs, you will get many, but not ALL of the AAs available for a 105.
    Lambro likes this.
  3. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks to both of you. That makes sense now. I am silver but am trying to farm Plat to buy a Krono.

If you have auto AA checked do you get them everytime you level? Or is it only a one time deal for the next level you hit?

Also what about my merc question above?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Once the button is set, if you level and there are eligible AAs to grant, you will get them on the spot. Pro-tip below.

For mercs to DPS while you kite: I tried it with a caster merc years ago and got no where. I didn't try very hard or very long, so there may be a way to do it, but I didn't figure it out.

For the auto-grant feature: If you're just getting one level's worth of auto-grant, look at your logs and see all the auto-grant messages. "You have improved" or something like that means you already had that AA, and just got another rank. "You have been granted" or something like that means it's a new AA for you, and may need a hotkey if it's an active AA.

I say just if you're getting one level's worth of AAs. If you are high level and turn on auto grant and get a $h!t-ton of AAs all at once, the better process is to go to the AA window, turn on the "Active" filter, and go through the list and make sure you have a hotkey for each. There will be a lot of them.
  5. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks everyone. Been killin it with your alls help.

I had another question about this advanced loot system thing again.. I thought I had it down and everything has been going great the past couple weeks but now I have an annoying issue with it.

I always set everything in it to Always Greed that way I can hoard everything and then see what sells in barter and what sells to vendors for good profits.

Now that I am in Dragonscale Hills killing things, I'm getting stuff that doesn't really sell to well so I'd rather not auto loot it.

I figured the simple solution would be to open the loot window, then go to filters and find the items that were on auto greed and just set them to never. Easy simple solution but nope. The problem is those items are not appearing in my filters for some reason so I can't pull them up to change them.. and I even searched by name and also set it to show 999 items. For instance, I went to Loping Plains at level 65 and tried to kill the alligators there that were level 78. To my surprise I was able to solo them by root/dot method. Ended up auto looting gator hide. But I'd now rather not auto loot gator hide but gator hide isn't showing up anywhere in the advanced loot filters.

Anyone know how to do this or if this is a bug or something?
  6. Vhivi Elder

I did a quick experiment on this. If you use Always Greed it works as you expect. However, if you also have "Loot All" set in your Loot Settings, it will not add items to your list so you loot everything all the time. To get it on your list, from what I found, you have to turn "Loot All" off. Once an item is looted and on your list, you can then find it and set to Never. Once on your list, the window no longer pops up, so it is probably best just to keep "Loot All" off when you want to be selective.
    Lambro likes this.
  7. Lambro Lorekeeper

Thanks so much I believe that fixed it!
  8. Grove Augur

There are many utilities in the loot window I will never use because of complexity. But I could please use help in one thing that befuddles me. Scenario ... The night is ending. Player group wants to get back to real life. There is lots of stuff in the loot window. How do you request the window to roll NOW.
    Lambro likes this.
  9. atchoom Lorekeeper

i had a free heroic avail and i made a mage ( was free to play ) i leveled him and waited until he was level 115 ( and tov tasks done ) to use a krono to unlock all the autogrant aa's ( went to 17,194 autogranted aa's ).

and since he was already level 115 i didn't need to use reg xp, all went to aa xp,
    so when krono ended i had time to get another 14K aa;s. ( in FV and we had a 50 % xp bonus as well ).
    so now i got a FTP mage with 31,693 aa;s. and he can use the rank 2 spells,.

ps : i was boxing 5 , so this mage was kinda there to help proc the alliance proc from mages ( 3 ), so it covered the lack of the dps he had.
  10. Brunlin Augur

First off the advanced loot isnt new by any means. It is however new to people like you that are coming back and experiencing it for the first time. Secondly, it sounds like you already know how to use it and the person failing at making it work properly wasnt you. The person that was the Master Looter, obviously didn't have his filters set up to be the Master Looter which is to have always roll checked. If that happens again in a pug, just ask the master looter to start rolling or to pass it over to someone else. Also if you are playing on any of the TLPs, you will want to roll need on everything, especially in a pug. Everyone automatically rolls need and if you are rolling greed you will not get loot. If by chance though you do get into a pug that insist to roll greed, you can turn off your apply filters and manually click greed on everything. If you ever get to a raid guild or pug raid than that is the first thing you learn is to turn off apply filters.