Picks in ToV

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Venid, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

On Aradune it may or may not be intended that 1 mega guild can lock the whole server out of content; however, leaving picks turned off for Rizlona means 1 single person can lock the whole server out of content (with their single keyboard and mouse controlling a huge box army)

+1 please enable ToV picks.
  2. Komodon Augur

Why would they need to do that first? This exploit is already being used on such a widespread and every day basis, from the loot camp hoppers to any competitive quest turns to just your typical average joes moving to an exp camp in another pick....it might as well be a standard game mechanic by now for how long it's been allowed to remain that way.

That is a terrible potential hold out reason not to have ToV picks. Especially if the raid mobs are already not spawning in picks as is.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

tbh I agree that adding picks back to ToV would be an improvement even if they don't fix the camp/pick situation. I'm just pretty sure that the initial reason for removing picks in ToV to begin with was players using /pick to leapfrog gatekeeper mobs, specifically Aaryonar, and also leapfrogging other guilds. If devs no longer consider that an important consideration, then sure add the picks back with no changes.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

It means that if your guild doesnt do HoT when they do NTOV, you lose your DZ worth of loot.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

You can't do this anymore. /pick evacs you. They fixed it unintentionally.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nah. You can still do it. Get creative with /camping some group members. That said I think /pick being re-enabled in ToV would still be an improvement.
  7. Siah Elder

If they put picks in ToV, people would easily just exploit it, skipping whatever bosses they wanted, or leap frogging others.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Except that only matters in Open world ever 2.5 days. So basically only TEQ baby would be affected because no one on Rizlona really cares. There are no good reasons for the lack of picks in ToV anymore.
  9. Gremin Augur

Picks pls
  10. Elpapo New Member

Picks on Rizlona for this zone is the only fair way to ensure the entire community has a fair playing field. Please ensure this happens.
    Foaming and Juel like this.
  11. KDEpic New Member

+ 1 (more) for picks in ToV
  12. Juel New Member

I would have to agree, on Rizlona It will be too easy for boxed armies to hold down content. allow pick please.
  13. Siah Elder

I mean it could be used to just skip every dragon in ToV and go right to Vulak
  14. yodo Augur

how?
  15. Gremin Augur

Unless somethings changed, you are required to kill all lords and ladies that are up when Vulak's trigger is up.
  16. StopCrying2020 New Member

When you pick now it boots you to the succor point.
  17. StopCrying2020 New Member

+1 for picks added to ToV and please have it be like 20+ people to start a new pick. That 60 for a new pick in RM is dumb.
  18. Siah Elder

I doubt it'll get changed before Velious but lets see what happens
  19. Zaphod New Member

ToV should have picks. The armor is required for raid progression and there will be tons of competition, which will lead to toxicity if people can't spread out across multiple instances. Let us have fun in ToV instead of stressing.
    Foaming likes this.
  20. bardybard Augur

Lol ... you dont need HoT armor for raid progression.

Should still have picks in ToV to avoid the poopshow though
    Tymeless likes this.