Fixed Internally Server Lag?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Lots of players (relatively speaking of course) having a lot of lag on Phinigel right now, like click mount & 3-4 seconds later it starts casting.
    Ceiteag, Greymantle, Cven and 3 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

We are experiencing the same thing on Luclin right now. Trying to raid old TBL content and the lag is horrendous, both targeting mobs and tell lag.
    Cideral likes this.
  3. Cideral Lorekeeper

FV has had it for days since patch. Add 30 seconds to destroy and place campfires to the list.
    Ceiteag likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

17:05 UK Just hit another huge lag spike on Phinigel, game is completely frozen while attempting to zone from butcherblock to Everfrost by way of Magus Tira.

17:15 UK Disconnected.

17:17 UK Server select showing Aradune, Selo, Agnarr, Bertoxx, Phinigel, Ragefire & Zek are all down.

17:19 UK Mangler just locked as did Miragul
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

This is unrelated to the lag, but Ops is looking at those crashes now.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Vanrau Augur

Looks like several servers are locked at the moment. Aradune, Miragul, Agnarr, Bertox, Phinigel, Ragefire, Zek.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

That is correct, they will be unlocked after they finish spinning up.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Well i was online for a while like a hour doing tradeskill stuff in sunset hills since i can do make all and it wont random stop then i went to gate to the baz (im binded there actually got 2 binds in zone) then after five i get d/c yea the gate never got me to the baz it just hanged now im on server select screen and its just stays on the screen have no idea what its doing very annoying. Well im gonna put this in the bug section i guess and bug online im not enjoying this! Im on FV.

Andarriel
  9. Cven Journeyman

Can a dev or anyone acknowledge the lag atleast? This is ridiculous... How many posts have to be made.
    Cideral likes this.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Lag was extreme last night on the Rathe. We did TOFS3 and i had to shut down all spell effects and toggle players on and off to move smoothly. After the raid , chat channels had a 30 sec or more delay on them. Missed out on bidding in our auction channel as a result.
  11. Vanrau Augur

Sounds like they need to spread their vm's out on more hardware, it can't handle the current peak load across all the game servers on the current hardware.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Specifically related to lag on FV since the source seems to be different from the others. The dev team is still in the process of investigating the issue and hopes to have a speculative fix in place sometime next week.
    Fenthen likes this.