Spell Gems Not Refreshing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Accipiter, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Since the last patch my SK's spell gems have gotten "stuck" twice. Actually, I believe the spell gems are just an indicator of a deeper problem. The spell gems stay grayed out and typing commands like /camp result in a "you can't do that right now" message (I believe the Camp button still works). It only occurred to me later to try the Forceful Rejuvenation AA but I suspect it wouldn't have any effect. The only recourse is to camp (or forcibly kill EQ) and relaunch. Has anyone else seen this? I used to get this on my bard now and then but have never seen it on my SK until this past week.
  2. Cadira Augur

Is it the QuickTime bug? Is a bard present in your group when you notice the issue? Try casting group IVU next time it happens.
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. Nadisia Augur

Did you use your bard Quick Time AA when the spells locked?

Because this AA is kind of bugged atm, since ... well, for a pretty long time now.
    It was announced as *fixed* in a recent patch:
    Game Update Notes: August 19, 2020
    ... but it's not, and it's still bugged

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...uick-time-causing-spell-skill-lockups.264586/

To unlock the situation without camping/relogging: use any AA ability with some casting time (Group IVU for instance, but instant cast ones like Gather Shadows do not work)

It's super annoying, and random (it doesn't lock every single time)
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Manually clicking on the spell bar clears it for me, when my Bard or shaman have this happen.
    Accipiter likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes, I have a bard in the group so it's likely Quick Time. Thanks for the ideas. I'll give those a try next time it happens.