Camping 28+ slot bags?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Oct 23, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've looked around, heard a few anecdotes, and then got dismayed by Magelo % drop stats... but is there any method or best practice to camping the 28 or better slot bags that start with house of thule?

I've had friends get numerous big bags "randomly it seems" but for whatever reason ive never even seen anything but the 20 slotter.
  2. Conq Augur

Complete Hunter's Achievements, you'll be swimming in bags.
    CrazyLarth, Tatanka, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

The "Scuffed X Y Z" are global rare from nameds (may be restricted to certain SKUs unsure). Then certain expacs have ultra rare bags drop from nameds within that expac. In hunting across the years I've barely seen any ultra rare bags drop.
  4. Captain Video Augur

I once got a 28-slot bag dropped from an HA, but now I can't remember which one it was. Despite all the same rumors, I have never seen a 28- or 32-slot bag drop in OW. They generally show up as raid loot and from completing blocks of hunter achievements. If they do actually drop in OW, it would have to be from HoT onwards. If you want to stubbornly commit some test time for the benefit of all, I would recommend camping named in HoT Lower Floors and see what happens. As it is, there are like 20 named you have to kill to get the Hunter's for that zone.
  5. Sindace Elder

Definitely best off doing hunter achievements for bags. For doing Hunter of Tower of Rot and Hunter of Argin-Hiz (cotf) you'd get 2 32 slot bags for your whole group. Each zone has roughly 10 nameds, so kill 20 nameds, get 12 bags if you had a full group. Most hunters aren't quite that easy, but they all give bags over 30 slots for at least COTF forward.
    Sprained wrist hurts likes this.
  6. Fuzzy New Member

TBM Hate/Fear is pretty easy since you get an instance with all the named already up.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Are there any easy (older) raids that are boxable for farming chests (therefore a chance at bags)?
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Group coin from the last few expansions you can purchase large bags, EoK onwards I think.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Good luck with tbm fear one of the hardest zones ive ever seen for my ranger and merc. agro is out of whack and if you agro a raid mob forget about it. But i do agree on doing hunters for bag i got so many of them ive done upto EoK just not tbm since fear is a mess sure if can be done with a sk with fd think i died like 10 and merc like 20 times manage to get half the named. just a stupid zone. I was doing south karana and got tired of it and did EoK and all the group/missions on my ranger faster than i could do sk pretty sad actually lol. If guilds still do tbm fear then that be way easy but if your trying to molo and arent a sk forget about it. just my 2 cents and i do hunters all the time or used to since i dont have a ton left i can handle now but it was fun.

Andarriel
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have once seen a 40-slot bag drop from a random mob in OT(I think), its probably just as rare as any other chase loot.

I think some of the older scavenger-achievements rewards 38-slot bags, should be easy with overseer nowadays. :)
  12. kookoo Augur

doing hunter's ach 's , all my inventory slots are 40 to 44 slots bags.
    shared bank got at least 40 slots bags as well, and all bags in my bank are at least 32, slots ( i only have 2 or 3 tradeskill 32 slots bags there ).
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Collection achievements are usually 36 or 38 slot bags also.
  14. Zynt Augur

I've done somewhere around 30K AA and PLed 6 alts to 111 in FM and I've seen 1 Combine Hero 40 slot bag drop. I got like 5 of the green, Scuffed Journeyman's Ruscksacks (28 slots) while doing HoT progression a few months back. At 115, if you are a pet class, or have a decent AE, you can murder the top tier HoT zones and the named pop fairly frequently.
  15. Captain Video Augur

I have yet to see a 44-slot bag in EQ. There is such a thing in EQ2 now, are we sure we're not mixing up the two?
  16. kookoo Augur

TBL hunter form killing all nameds ( TBL / general -------------->> burnslayer ) and my other 44 slot bag come from TOV ach , --------------->>> restless slayer ,

i got 3 x 44 slots bags ,, the other one come from a chest in TOV raid,
  17. Nniki Augur

There are 44-slot bags in EQ:
    [IMG]
    Zamiam likes this.
  18. Sindace Elder

Strongly disagree with the PoHate/Fear hunters. The mobs in Fear come in groups of 7-10 with massive agro range and wild AEs and dispels that are still brutal at 115. Yes, the mobs are already up, that's about the only thing those zones have going for them.
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Off-topic, but why is there a number at the title of the item window? "Restless Bunker # 164423", I have never seen that before? :confused:
  20. Nniki Augur

Beta server displays item and spell IDs in inspection windows.
    Ex. spell:
    [IMG]
    Captain Video and Jumbur like this.