Devs, Decission allows for some mischief

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

Figure it's a long shot to talk about such an old spell but I will run it up the flagpole.

The wizard Decission spell is a targeted xloc to send a character to the succor spot in a zone, but it does not put up a pop up box for yes/no like with a regular xloc. You just get sent to the succor spot and you can't block it.

This has the potential for some really unkind mischief. You really should add an accept/decline box to this spell.

Now let's see how many kneejerk contrarians scream "NO! EASYBUTTON! WHARRGGAARRBBLE!" like they do to every other proposed change.
  2. Cideral Lorekeeper

doesnt it require being in the same group?
  3. Nadisia Augur

Yeah, it doesn't work outside of the group.

And decession is an evac, not a translocation.
    It's just a targeted version of Abscond, same as Egress for druids, or Levant for necros (or succor, exodus, etc, but single target).

And evacs do not have accept popups, it has always worked that way.

Edit : And just to add, it can be buff blocked.
    Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Something has been working fine for years ... I think you're on the side of kneejerk contrarians. Sorry someone made you mad by a mischievous evac ... but it's really not a big deal. I can honestly say I've never done that ... but then I think the last time I used the spell was someone running to me deep in Riftseekers wanting a faster way back to zone in past see invis mobs.

Don't group with that person again if it bothers you. Or block it as Nadisia suggested (I know most of our raid tanks have DA blocked cause ... clerics are bad word from time to time ... pallies too).
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

No, everyone is pointing out the obvious, it works as any other type evac spell should. Not much harm can real come from a GROUP member casting it on you. Don’t group with someone if you think they’re game actions are disruptive and block spells you don’t want then landing on your toon.

What you’re proposing pretty much breaks evac type spells as the idea is a fast escape, you don’t want a pop up when you’re a hair sliver of HP from death.
    Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has been in game since at least PoP (it is on elemental legs). I use it on group when we are deep in dungeons and someone or all of us wants to get back to zone in.

I prefer it to evac as I can make sure no one gets left behind. Think of it as a reverse CotH.

Also comes in handy when someone falls asleep at the keyboard.
    Waring_McMarrin, Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  7. Lilura Augur

I would say punting the tank or cleric would bring lots of harm.

A more likely scenario is the wizard puts someone looting and ninjas for themself.

And there is no way of blocking Decission. Why do you think I asked for a confirmation box.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You must have some major <<HALFLINGS>> on your server if so many wizards are succoring you constantly.
  9. Nniki Augur

Decession and Greater Decession can be blocked with these commands:
    /blockspell add me 2558
    /blockspell add me 3244
  10. Celephane Augur

Are you even for real? You strike me as a troll. Of course you can't block it when you spell it wrong every time, but I just tried it in game and you can block it.
    Nennius, Nolrog, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  11. Fuzzy New Member

A confirmation box would allow for much greater abuse, like training other groups with zero risk.
  12. Zynt Augur

All the effort put into making this post shoulda been put into a Google search to check the spelling.
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

First, Advloot and loot timers pretty much killed ninja looting. So if you aren’t using Advloot that’s not the Devs and broad community’s issue, it’s your issue. If someone wanted to abuse loot they’d start the group and give everything to themselves as master looter.

In years of playing I’ve never experienced the scenario you described and if someone did that they’d get kicked from both the group and guild.

Try blocking again, I suspect you’re doing it incorrectly. Explain how you tried.

Training is disruptive but the Devs didn’t get rid of aggro in response. If someone “punted you“ from the group’s area of play, then it’d possible it was an accident or you were getting on the group’s nerves? Did they drop you from group afterwards?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Has to be a troll. The mental gymnastics to justify the original post which was proven false is impressive.
  15. Vanrau Augur

Is there an Olympics for mental gymnastics?
    Nennius and Zynt like this.
  16. GNOME_POWER Augur

I failed to play soccer twice in a row as a Druid character and did a TL like a wizard.
    After that, I had a happy death.
    I think this is a mischief of God because it happened in Plane-of-Mischief.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have a mage. I'm going to roll a wizard box. Then I am going to single target evac you, and as you load back into the zone, I'm going to CoH you and evac you again.

Thanks for the tip.
    Yinla, Duder, Celephane and 3 others like this.