Monks, hStr or hAgi ?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Fishlips_Jones, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

I've been focusing on hStr after hDex to get higher min hits. Does anyone like hAgi better (for increased strike through) than hStr? Also, does anyone have data on how much an increase of 1 point of strike through boosts accuracy?
  2. Heajol Augur

Don't raid mobs ignore strikethrough or something? Sorry I have been gone many years (like 12) so may have missed some things, but if raiding isn't strikethrough capped and/or ignored by raid bosses?
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They don't ignore strikethrough, but they have a kind of resistance to it.
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.
  4. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

So hStr is the way to go for sure.
  5. Szilent Augur

I'm passingly curious about this "after hDex" thing. Is this a TLP or something where you can't gain hDex somewhere?
  6. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

Just maxing hStr without getting a decrease in accuracy etc.
  7. Lisard Silly

we are monks, not berserkers/warriors/rangers....Every slot should be HDex because we are NOWHERE near crit cap.
    Ssdar, Astral64, feeltheburn and 2 others like this.
  8. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

You can lower your hDex a bit and not lose any points in accuracy or combat effects. Therefore you can improve your min damage by increasing hStr.
  9. Tolzol Augur

Dex/Hdex effects your crit rate. You will want to focus on hdex until monks are capable of reaching 100% crit rate. Hstr adds 1 flat damage per 10 hstr, it’s pretty much worthless.
  10. roth Augur

The point of HDex is not accuracy or combat effects.

The point of HDex is critical hits. One additional critical hit will add more damage than any achievable amount of HStr would add.

That said, HStr is not just increasing minimum damage. It increases damage bonus (the one that gets applied after everything else, there is more than one kind of damage bonus), which means it adds to every hit, not just those that would be for the minimum. There is a minimum damage increase (I believe on the Ferocity worn focus line?) that does just that : the absolute minimum hit you can do is increased by that amount, and any hits under that newly calculated amount are brought to that hit. Saying that HStr increases minimum damage implies it increases your damage similarly. Calling it a damage bonus, which it is, means it affects all hits, not just the ones at the very low end of the spectrum. Also, HStr increases Attack, which pulls hits out of that minimum damage area anyway.
    Heajol likes this.
  11. Heajol Augur

But if you have an aug for example that has +12 Hdex and have two comparable augs with the same Hdex, I usually go for the one with more Hsta personally to help me stay alive. A dead monk does 0 dps.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I do that as well, and for the same reason. Only I'm a rogue.