No /claimable mounts even after activating and buying ToV ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skinwalker, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Skinwalker New Member

Am I bugged or screwed ?

85'ed up a toon plvled to 115.

made it an active (subbed) account.

Bought ToV (mean's all current expansions an past as well)

What am I missing that I have no /claimable mount ?
  2. Hekaton Augur

Did you get the correct package? The barebones $30 version has no mounts. The collectors editions have mounts

Also make sure to refresh your claim screen to be sure
  3. Zamiam Augur

also sense ToV is no longer available.. then you prolly bought CoV in which only purchasing it early gives you access to beta and the Pre-order bonus of a Xp pot.. I do not believe you would get access to the mounts and all the other goodies till CoV goes live , although i could be wrong ..

and if you purchased a gift ToV .. it does not come with any mounts just the standard basic expansion is it ..
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To add to what Hekaton and Zamiam said, if you bought CoV (Collector or Premium), you do not get previous expansion's - in this case, ToV's - goodies. They are limited edition and locked to that particular expansion.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

To add onto Zamiam’s point if you purchased since Wednesday onward you actually pre-ordered Claws of Veeshan, not Torment of Velious. Your preorder of Claws of Veeshan only includes the CONTENT from the prior expansions, not the past expansions collectors/premium items and not the key rings either. Mounts aside, the ToV items are completely unattainable now until DBG lists a collectors/premium bundle like some other old expansions, but at the rate they list those it’ll likely be years before you see a ToV throwback bundle on the Marketplace or DBG website.

However, if you want the ToV mounts, some people still have giftable versions from the Friends and Family edition, but depending on your server expect to pay a few Krono for each.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you used a heroic char to ge to level 85 you should have a mount, you need to open one of the crates, also contains 15K and some other bits if you haven't already used it previously.
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Torment of velious is for sale still on the marketplace under expansions...
  9. Zamiam Augur

thats weird , maybe its a bug and its suppose to say CoV ? when it takes you to the website to pay does it still say ToV ? if so, and you did pay for ToV and it was the collector's or premium editions then I make sure you logged completely out of game and (if you bypass launcher) make sure you run launcher and log back in and /claim and see if mounts are there .. If not petition ..
    I'm guessing its a typo/bug and its suppose to say CoV in market ..
    In fact i just tried it thru game on an account that doesnt own ToV or Cov and when I clicked on the Tov expansion it opened a webpage and brought me to the CoV expansion sale site and when I went to click to buy it was the CoV expansion i would of bought not ToV .. so OP bought CoV not ToV .. even though market has it listed as ToV it is not what you eventually buy from website..
  10. Sindace Elder

Doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't be able to get to 115 without already having ToV. Assuming you bought a collector/premium version CoV instead, the claims would be available when the expansion launches.
  11. Celephane Augur

He's clearly out of order, I thought the same thing when I first read it. I think the important thing here is that you don't get rewards from previous expansions when you buy a recent one that gives you access to old stuff
  12. RyeToast New Member

You didn't get your familiar keyrings either which were part of a previous expansion. All of this is a class action law suit. Daybreak does not tell you when purchasing an expansion what is no longer included in the previous standard additions that you are allegedly getting when you purchase an expansion. The keyrings are a great example and Daybreak is in the wrong here. Just saying.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

First, threatening a class action lawsuit is a red flag for people to ignore your post. Either do a class action lawsuit or don't. 99.9999999% of those threatening will not do so, and therefore everyone ignores the threat.

Next, when you get an expansion, you get all the "Features' with it. You don't get the bonus items unless you purchased the edition that grants the bonus items.

The Familiar Key Ring is a feature of Empires of Kunark and everyone who has Empires of Kunark gets it. It is not a bonus.

Read this: https://www.everquest.com/news/empires-kunark-familiar-key-ring-feature-eq-2016

I will say the the initial Daybreak post which explains what you get with each edition did state the Familiar Key Ring was only once per account, but the statement in the link I gave above says it is for every character on the account.

So if it is only granted to one character on an account, then I would tell Darkpaw they need to fix that.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Illusion, Familiar, and Hero's Forge key rings aren't content of the expansion. My alt accounts that I did not buy the expansions have 0/0 and need to buy the feature from marketplace. Mount key ring may be the only one that is included on all accounts unless I am forgetting buying that particular expac on them.

The order page is pretty darn clear what you get with purchase. You are not buying previous standard edition bundle, you are granted all previous expansions at the time of purchase. Key rings are micro-transaction (marketplace) items that were bundled during the time the expansion was for sale. I kinda remember a Q&A where they had mentioned that too.

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content
    Fanra and GNOME_POWER like this.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You are correct.

I didn't understand. What you get is the Mount Key Ring with 10 slots, and the Familiar and Illusion Key Rings with zero slots, with you having to buy slots in the Marketplace.

I guess when you buy the Standard Edition, you get 10 slots, but if you don't buy it but just get the expansion as part of buying a later expansion then you get no slots.
  16. KermittheFroglok Augur

Yeah, its been confusing because they changed how the keyrings were around EoK, here's a link of one of the announcements/articles Soulbanshee referenced about this. They did communicate the change but I can still see how someone that last bought the TBM and just returned might be confused.

https://www.everquest.com/news/mount-illusion-key-ring-marketplace-eq-2016

It's not always 10 either, I'm not sure why but my ToV Friends & Family purchased accounts have 14 Heroes Forge keyring slots and my friend's TOV collector's edition account also has 14. I suspect the rationale is that each visible set of forge is usually 7 pieces so they were going to give you slots for an even 2 sets?

Also to clarify, I think everyone gets keyring tabs with 0 slots now. it's just you usually have to buy the slots if you didn't buy the associated expansion when it was "current". The 10 mount slots Fanra is referring to are actually freebies that all toons on Luclin unlocked servers get.

Not sure why they didn't broadcast it more, but as of February 11th all Luclin unlocked servers' toons should have at least 10 mount keyring slots regardless of whether they made an expansion purchase or not. Had a friend who never bought any keyrings check her and account and confirmed she has 10 mount slots now. You'd thing they tell everyone they're getting free stuff?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-february-11-2020.263070/

I looked in the MarketPlace and the expansion listed is SoV, but it's misleading because they're either recycling the previous expansion's item thumbnails or they keeping them as placeholders for now?

Eitherway to the OP, if you say you want to buy the ToV mounts in general chat you might find someone willing to buy the tradable versions from.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't think Luclin has anything to do with it. I just looked at my Silver account on Bertoxx that hasn't bought an expansion in many years and they have 10 mount slots, and zero illusion and familiar ones.

Oh, you mean Progression servers with Luclin unlocked. Sorry, I don't do TLP.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

Correct, the Luclin unlocked server restriction is pretty much only applicable to TLP. Although, I'm not sure how someone would get a mount before then, heritage crate? Seems weird to penalize someone for favorable RNG if that's the case.