Not A Bug Heritage Dwarf Hero's Forge Armour from Crate

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rhiyannon, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Rhiyannon Augur

Server: Mangler
    Character: Rhyiannon
    I bought the crate and luckily got what I wanted which was the armour... downside, despite owning the ability to wear it, only 1 piece is wearable, the helm. I can wear everything but the helm of the standard forge armour, same with the shissar(no helm either), with the same gear. it's frustrating to buy this stuff and only being able to wear 1 piece, or all but one...
    the msg I get is:
    "the item does not satisfy the augment's restrictions"
    when trying to put it into slot 2, type 21.

i am also seeing this issue with the pumpkin head as well.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I think it would be pertinent to include what helm you're wearing, as that may be part of or the cause of the problem?
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Plate and chain ornaments are restricted to plate or chain armor types (in item data), and cloth and leather ornaments are restricted to cloth or leather armor types.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

i can wear the dwarven helm, currently... just not the hero's forge basic, shissar, pumpkin heads etc

i cannot wear any other part of the dwarven gear, with the same amour, that i can put either hero's forge basic or shissar on.

the issue is the hero's forge sets seem to be not applied/turned on to everything that has the slots. i can list what i'm currently wearing, but tomorrow, i could pick up a new helm that can use the hero's basic or shissar, or pumpkins.. and still not be able wear any of the other pieces of the dwarven set. my gear is changing daily as a recently returned raider gearing up. there's a ton of gear out there, so enabling it only on the pieces i personally am wearing right now, will only solve those pieces. say i pick up new chain legs for my shaman tomorrow, and it allows the dwarven stuff. well great i can wear the helm and the legs, but none of the rest still... or they might be okay with the basic, but not the shissar and dwarven still, so that would leave me either adding to this post or making a new one every time i find something that isn't working.

head - coil of earthen protection - can wear dwarven. cannot wear pumpkin head, basic hero's forge, or shissar. it is also NOT visible unless i put on the dwarven.
    chest - tunat'muram's chainmail of pain -can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven
    arms - ukan chained armplates - can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven.
    wrist - bracer of burning links -can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven
    legs - chain greaves of chaos - can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven
    hands - chain gauntlets of adroitness - can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven
    feet - feranskin sandals - can wear basic hero's forge and shissar. cannot wear dwarven.
  5. Rhiyannon Augur

yep, i know this, which is why i buy chain forge items for my shaman. the dwarven gear that drops from the crate does not give you a choice to pick cloth/plate/chain/leather... so anyone buying the crates in the hope of getting something like armour.. ends up like me, since all it says is you can get a "full set of hero's forge armour", nothing about how it's only for cloth, leather, chain or plate. for something like this, it should cover all, or state that it's for only certain classes. i most definitely wouldn't have bothered to buy something i know my class cannot wear.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I mean.. the sets themselves say that they're:
    Mort's Dwarven Plate
    Mort's Dwarven Scalemail
    Mort's Dwarven Ringmail
    Mort's Dwarven Chain
    Mort's Dwarven Leather
    Mort's Dwarven Cloth
    etc...

So as long as it is Plate, Scale, Ring, or Chain, it ought to be usable for a shaman.

The pumpkin hat (and other seasonal hats) may not show due to the item having no basic graphic. It's been noted happening with a few other pieces.

7. Oldnecro New Member

This isn't a bug -

Let me guess.. You have the Dwarven "Ringmail" Suit?

Typically there are 4 suits for HF armor - Cloth/Leather/Chain/Plate

With the Heritage crates they add two more - Ringmail/Scalemail

Ringmail - Requires Cloth or Leather armor to insert
    Scalemail - Requires Chain or Plate armor to insert

Your "Coif of Earthen Protection" satisfies the "Cloth" restriction for Ringmail, which is why you can use it. The rest of your gear is actually considered "Chain" meaning in order to wear an entire suit you would need (2) different hero's forge sets.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33882 (Note on Alla where it says "armor type" - Cloth)

This isn't a bug as most current expansions on live we all wear only 1 "type" of armor. ON mangler and other tlp's its more common to "mix-and-match" certain pieces from different armor sets.
    Fenthen and Paladin like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I noticed this on Circlet of Umbra and it took me forever to figure it out. It will not accept Hero's Forge.

Its not what they sold you its what you are wearing and trying to put it on. Put a cloth cap on and you can wear any Forge stuff.

Finally got a better helmet than Circlet and Hero's Forge fits fine
  9. Nniki Augur

It will accept hero's forge. It's simply a cloth item.
    [IMG]
    Monkman likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah so silly me where it says the Circlet can be worn by all classes we should know that the Circlet can only accept cloth hero's forge.

Got it. But thanks for that info.
  11. Rhiyannon Augur

when i bought it, there were NO OPTIONS to pick chain/cloth/leather/plate etc. it showed as a new/featured item.
    [IMG]
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Each crate contains a random Dwarf themed item.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There are 12 suits of armor. And a bunch of other items. It is random, not your choice.
    Half fit cloth/leather and the other chain/plate. The suits do say what they fit in. For example:

Mort's Dwarven Cloth
    "The ornaments that this suit is comprised of can only be used in armor with a leather or cloth appearance."
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

yeah... and a player like me buys it, ends up with gear the character i bought it for cannot wear, by chance. none of which is made clear at purchase, as i said, it should be enabled for all or allow to choose chain/plate/cloth/leather, so the buyer doesn't end up with stuff they cannot use.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The point of the Heritage crates is a "Random Item" not a chosen item.
    Here is the description in the marketplace. Highlight mine:

"Pry open the Dwarf Heritage Crate!<br>Each crate contains a random Dwarf themed item -- a familiar, a mount, an illusion, a teleporter, a full suit of Hero's Forge armor, or a music box!<br>Trade these Dwarf Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!<br><br>Note: the mount cannot be adopted or used until Shadows of Luclin has unlocked on your server. Teleporters cannot be claimed until the teleport destination's expansion has unlocked on your server."
    Thewiz likes this.
  16. EternalNewb Journeyman

Just at Ngreth put it, rewards from the boxes are random.

Daybreak games needs to use loot boxes to maximize revenue. A profit maximizing company couldn't care less if you actually ever get the item you want or get an item that you can use or not. From an Economics perspective, if you are willing to spend $100 to get the mount than you aren't ripped off because you can choose not to buy the crates in the first place. That is the idea of "Trading with friends" comes to play. Secondly, using a "loot box" model increases the perceived rarity of the item. A developer (I believe Ngreth) has already admitted in the forums previously that pet illusions were rotated in an out of the store to increase perceived rarity as sales would be lower otherwise.

Note this type of loot box system isn't used for everything. You can buy level "appropriate" armor directly from the store without any similar loot box system. My only guess is that they "tested" the loot box heritage crates work well for some items but others it fails miserably.
    For edge cases, the player actually comes out ahead. For the cost one gambled loot crate you can get a mount at a much cheaper price than they are normally sold at.

*Note Ngreth you misspelled Highlight. Considering all the times that I have seen you misspell words in your posts, you may consider at least noticing the spellcheck feature that comes native to posting in these forums. A very minor and an*l retentive point, highlighting I believe changes the background of a text, while in face you changed the color and made it bold (maybe).
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I often click too fast :)
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

While in face? Or fact? :D
    Sancus likes this.