SOME DEVS HAVE GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by SK_WAR_MAIN, Oct 23, 2020.

1. SK_WAR_MAIN New Member

Come, let me show you how a Marshall of EQ dies!

What’s the purpose of the Warrior class? What’s the point of the Warrior class?

Having just leveled up a SK, I’m not too sure.

According to DPG,

In-Game Description
    “Warriors are a melee class with the ability to wear plate armor and wield all types of weapons. Warriors build their strength and stamina to unheard of levels, making them far hardier than any other class.”

I think most people would agree in today’s group game that warriors are not the hardiest class. Just looking at their core tanking abilities, I believe SKs are superior in the group game.

What about raiding?

Apparently, they are essentially interchangeable.

How about aggro?

Again, most would agree that accounting for all aggro situations, 8/10 times, you’re going to prefer one of the other tanks.

Oxford’s definition of Fraud, “unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.“

Unjustifiably being credited with qualities.... hmmmm, sounds like the claim that warriors make up for their lack of utility with superior tanking attributes.

The class is facing an existential crisis, and to my knowledge, no dev has main’d the class since TBM.

So, if you relegate the primary job for 95% of the class, group tanking, do warriors even have a raison d'être?

If the developers don’t do anything you might as well turn all three tanks into a Pallior Knight and call it a day. Because that’s the juncture we are at now.

PS - no tanks were harmed in the creation of this post
    PPS - you can criticize my crazy rant all you want, but I’m not wrong
    Grove likes this.
  2. SK_WAR_MAIN New Member

The die is cast
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

TSW flashbacks over here lol
    Tsavo and Szilent like this.
  4. Triconix Augur

If you think the warrior class is in a bad state you simply don't know how to play the class. Enough said. Have a good day.
    Jein-ko, Andarriel, Astral64 and 9 others like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

@SK_WAR_MAIN
    Thanks. I needed to LOL this morning.
  6. SK_WAR_MAIN New Member

@triconix stacks hSTR for the shield AC.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

Hopefully, they nerf Paladins in CoV. They were too strong in ToV.
  8. Tappin Augur

Knights are tuned for tanking the group game and warriors are tuned for the raid game.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

In the group game there should never be a single class that can perform a job so it shouldn't be a surprise that Knights and Warriors can all tank group content. Having a single class be required for groups isn't a good thing when there are 16 classes and there is role overlap between them.
  10. Annastasya Augur

Warriors are for raiding.
    Just like Clerics.

Both classes have been hard-focused for the rigors and challenges of raid-level powered enemies and mechanics. The group game, given the tools of these two classes is, let's say, "less interesting". Like chopping carrots with a chain saw.
    Micker likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

If you simply looked at my magelo you'd quickly find that's just not true. Who in their right mind stacks hstr?

Also, if you're using a shield anywhere outside of raid MTing you're not playing the warrior class correctly. Heck, most raid events you shouldn't even be using a shield while tanking. You just sound like a terribly played warrior.

But why am I even wasting time on an anonymous member who just created their profile today? What an absolute troll who hides behind an alias afraid to show their character name.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  12. Nadisia Augur

[IMG]

Exclusively for «stronk karrots» :D
    Szilent likes this.
  13. Waitwhat Elder

I think it's true that for the group game, no one needs the tank to specifically be a warrior. It would be nice if the warrior could tank significantly better than the self sustaining knights. Our "best" SK soloed Griklor mission last week. That is very very powerful, and might be the doom for the non raiding warriors. Ideally for the survivability of the group game itself of the game, it makes sense to me that the warrior at least should be able to tank for a normal xp group with a beastlord or ranger as a healer for example.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

As was pointed out.. you literally made a new throw away account to anon post. Thats cute..

Secondly.. were talking about tanking in what is and has been thee easiest grp content in a decade plus.

I literally have a grp geared ranger that tanks every thing in ToV.. so pls..
    KrakenReality likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have seen a Beastlord, a Magician, and a Necro solo Kael mission. SK soloing Grik? Meh.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

And with the title, no one thought to say " Lucy, I'm home!"
    Broozer likes this.
  17. Barbwarrior Augur

with dragonscale glyph anyone can raid tank
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Both are solid points, props to you for being a straight shooter.
  19. Topkek New Member

This is the dumbest sh--post I have ever read. Obviously @krakenreality has never spent time playing most of the current game content. Next time back up your sh--post with some parse data Good luck with that, because I honestly doubt you can do math after reading this post.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

Which post?