Which merc to use for mage/bard/healer?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cicelee, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Main is magician, box is bard. I have maxed healer merc on mage. Normally I use two healer mercs, but now that the bard has improved gear and AA i no longer need a second healer merc unless a named.

Which merc is going to benefit most from the standard bard songs (Aria, War March)- caster or melee? Or am I just splitting hairs and it does not matter?

FWIW current bard song lineup is Aria, War March, 4 dots, reckless, suffering (melee de aggro proc) and maybe arcane? Not sure on last.

Thanks in advance as always.
  2. Nniki Augur

Melee mercenary is at least 2-3x better in general than the caster mercenary.
    Ironkeg, Elyssanda and Cicelee like this.
  3. Yendar Augur

I’d guess melee, but you will have to check some parses. Your mage synergy may help the caster enough.. (I use caster with my chanter/mage/bard)

Also you may have some aggro issues with the melee merc and pet tank.. which you seem to not get w the caster... but yeah overall I think you are splitting hairs here as either merc shouldn’t be doing a large portion of the dps.
  4. Zynt Augur

Pet with taunt on shouldn't lose aggro to the merc. Pet with taunt on and aggro swords really shouldn't. If it does the pet will get it back fairly quickly.
  5. Chorus Augur

at this point, I'm moving away from using any mercs. I'll pop a cleric to rez in a wipe, but that's all. Mercs are becoming a liability unless you have a super-relaxed playstyle. If you're at all aggressive, they will drop and drop often even with max aa's. If I'm going to have to work to keep them alive, then I'm better off with a box healer.
  6. ptah Augur

There is alot of truth in what Chorus is saying. But I will answer super chill Cic question.

Largely based on what trying to do. With second healer merc you ok with couple trash in tov? Less focus or worry? Yea sometimes the pally merc sucks. But I would think mostly you spilting hairs.

The dps gain with xp share is minor.

Why no insulting jokes with bard cic? that proc alone equals to merc dps gain? based 4AM math guessing and assuming/