Dragon Hoard Info?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Anyone have any details on how the 'dragon hoard' feature is going to work?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Asked on beta forum. They haven't released any further details
  3. Nadisia Augur

Some magic eight ball pure assumption hehe : I bet on a system like the Tavid Dennant NPC for SoD quest items, as they said :
    Hopefully, it won't be a clunky system with silly cooldowns or locks, and limited to CoV items only ... :oops:
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

I was thinking it'd be a system similar to Tavid Dennant also but probably without the alternate currency. Maybe even just another button on the banking window for certain types of items that aren't aug/modifiable so they take up less space from a data perspective. Don't have time to dig it up but a Dev has commented on how/why storage space is limited and the system limitations a bulk storage system would get hit by.
  5. Hekaton Augur

im thinking a storage system like heroes forge suit consolidators where you can add a bunch of items for a SC charge and than if you want to add more items its another SC charge
  6. kimbotta Lorekeeper

So I can't find any information on this feature. It is a bullet point for the pre-sales but they have no information about it outside of a cryptic message ?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

That's correct. Since there is no NDA, the exact response was that they are "working hard on getting it finished and will let everyone know when it is."

No details on it has nothing on "ship to ship combat" for The Buried Sea's features. I don't like making fun of stuff outright but come on now.

Granted for all I know an event that was never finished really did attempt to simulate such a thing.

Edit:
    Holy smokes! It's still there archived!
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50337
    Nennius, Fanra and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I mean, selling expansions on features but not being able to articulate what those features might do? Checks with chart (there's a navy reference for you, too).
  9. Nniki Augur

They had ship-to-ship combat. It just wasn't what people expected, including myself, when they heard the statement. But, if you read what they defined it as carefully, you can see that they delivered it lol.
    Nilwean and Zunnoab like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Thats like calling abysmal sea for "ship crafting"... :p

Maybe "dragon's hoard" is meant literally: you get to slay a dragon and take it's "hoard", as in "every other raid". The next advertising we see will be "now, in COLOR!" or something...:p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Even simulated cannon fire between ships would have been something. Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean used lights and sound to do that and it worked. Every hour or so, 10 minutes of show. Followed by the screaming of the dead gnomes. Hey, I can dream.
  12. Nadisia Augur

Hmmm, small edit :
    [IMG]

Hey, I can dream too :p
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

/tosses a guess into the ring

In World of Warcraft the is "Void Storage" which is basically like a safety deposit box.

You pay a fee to store / remove items in longer term storage than a basic bank. Basically a nuisance tax to diminish long term storage, yet preserve the real money transaction of selling bank and bag space.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I sure hope not. To add a micro transaction to the game and call it an expansion "feature" would be adding insult to injury.

Let's hope my belief that Darkpaw would never do such a thing is not unfounded.
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

If its in game currency (plat or what ever) that would be fine for more storage space.
  16. Captain Video Augur

Housing for storage space is essentially a plat sink, I'm guessing Dragon Hoard will be the same on a larger scale. More of this is theoretically possible given the recent character database revamp.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I hate plat sinks. I play to be a hero that tosses gold pieces to beggers, not a merchant who watches every penny.
    Sissruukk, Yinla, Marton and 2 others like this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I hate plat sinks too! just with tradeskills stuff i have to buy from a vendor that like 5500pp each ive prob put some 50m just with the vendors kinda annoying actually. But i hope this dragon horde is something useful and not something stupid.

Andarriel
  19. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Any more information about this new feature?
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not yet.