Fixed Bug in housing and plot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Waveno, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Waveno New Member

Hi! When placing an item and then try to adjust place, in house or on plot it just duplicates the image. It restores only when zoning. I love decorating my house and was in the process for a halloween theme yesterday right when the patch came up, so this began right after. Tried again this day and it's the same, or restarting the game and it still happens. I don't know what else I can do to fix this so I can continue decorating? I play on Vox server, house in Sunrise hills.
    Raccoo, Zynt, Nadisia and 8 others like this.
  2. Vlad Diszno Augur

When I 'adjust placement' an item in housing an image of the item will remain where it was. The item also seems to be placed where I wanted to move it. Therefore the item is displayed in 2 locations.
    Just noticed if I 'adjust placement' on the moved item again, it will again leave behind the item displayed in its previous spot. So now if I keep moving the item, it keeps leaving the item in its previous spot also. This keeps happening as many times as I try it, so I could end up w/ infinite of that item. it seems.
    If I tried to 'adjust placement' on one of the ghost items, it will grab the real item in the most recent spot.
    This totally negates any possibility of decorating.

Edit: I brought a char from another account to the property to check what that one will see. Only sees one of the item, the most recently placed version.

Edit 2: It does not happen w/ pets
  3. Waveno New Member

Yeah I have the same problem, posted about it earlier today. Hope it gets fixed!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Need to click "like" on first post so dev's see it.
  5. Vlad Diszno Augur

hoping my video link works:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/471008163" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edit: finally managed to get video here. will place on the other post about this issue also
  6. Vlad Diszno Augur

I didn't see you had already posted about this and made my own post. Will link my short video here also:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/471008163" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Does it only happen with "cursor" mode? Like if you use "free placement" does the same thing happen?
  8. Waveno New Member

Yes it happens the same with both modes, sorry to say.
  9. klanderso Developer

Just a heads up, I've forwarded this along to the team and merged the two related threads. Be sure to like the first post to make sure it gets the proper attention!
    Zunnoab likes this.
  10. Waveno New Member

Thank you so much for doing so! :)
  11. Zunnoab Augur

I can confirm this bug happened to me last night when I was working on my houses.
  12. EQ Dev Developer

We've hotfixed the bug that is causing placed real estate item adjustments to leave visual duplicates.
    If you are currently encountering this visual bug, you will have to leave the affected real estate zone and ensure it remains empty long enough for it to reset.
    Any real estate zone that is newly launched should not display this aberrant behavior.
    Nennius likes this.