Merc Tank Aggro

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skuz, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay maybe I just don't understand what is going on here but it's like half the mobs in RoS Overthere just ignore Merc Tanks.

Sabretooths, Succulents particularly the Merc tank will taunt then after 1 round will swap back to whichever player has the most threat, threat meter is saying like 45% then bam I have all the aggro until merc taunts & its back to 45%.

Player Tanks & Pet tanks seem to be managing just fine but I don't have either of thise in my 3 box set up so I am having to rely on a merc tank & getting wrecked by half the stuff in this zone.

Definitely feels like Merc Tank aggro is bugged.

I am level 107 as is Merc Tank at the moment.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some other players having the same issue, seems like the Sabertooths & the Succulents drop aggro on Mercs every so often as much as once per tick.

Player tanks & Pet Tanks are fine but Merc tanks, the weakest of all & the last resort of boxers & groups are made all but useless on these mobs by this effect which seems like a really mean spirited decision if deliberately intended to penalise Merc Tank dependant players.
  4. Nniki Augur

5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for posting the links.

Not surprising that there has been pretty much zero developer feedback about this issue, it seems to be penalising Merc tanks & charm pets unfairly which seems odd for a starter zone in an expansion & it has made trying to do progression particularly unpleasant but there have been plenty of stupid decisions in the later game it seems.

I guess if they have done nothing to fix this in 2 years we have zero chance of seeing it fixed at all but I have to say that on an older TLP or live server at this stage of the game its a really bad player experience to not be able to use merc tanks, there is simply too few tanks around period & the ones around either have their own established clique of players or they box their own alts & leave others behind all too easily so merc tanks is all some of us are left with as an option for progression.

I could maybe see the logic of mobs that ignore ALL tanks if they didn't hit as hard as the regular mobs as a "special feature" so the melee dps could offtank them under certain conditions but having 2 types deliberately avoiding merc tanks but not regular tanks just seems mean-spirited to the weakest groups. It's definitely a case of punching-downwards.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would be nice to see this fixed, or at the least made consistent.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I've had mobs utterly ignore the pet beating on them to keep attacking a mage that hasn't cast anything as recently as last night in GE. pet attack, pet attack next mob, nuke once, both mobs rush mage, no amount of swapping targets, backing away and pet attacking will get <either> mob off the mage when literally zero action by mage vs one of 2 mobs and regardess of what aggro meter says.

Aggro is broken and not just vs clickies.
  8. Zinth Augur

so you want them to make it consistently broken on all mobs in all zones? :D
    Skuz likes this.