Friends and Family

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kafi, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kafi New Member

Can someone explain what is exactly entailed with this order please? I have been unable to get any sort of reasonable explanation on how it works or is applied, for instance is it usable over 5 different accounts, I would assume it is but you should never assume!
  2. Mossaa Augur

Friends and Family gives you one versjon of CoV that you can play on one account and it also give you one version you can gift away to someone. It also have some other items you can gift away. So it will enable you to play it on two accounts at max.
  3. Nniki Augur

Everything it comes with is listed on this page: https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content. The table displaying the items granted by edition begins about half way down the page. Check marks are used to indicate whether or not the item (ordered by row) comes with the edition (ordered by column). There are two sections of rows: claimable once per character and claimable once per account. Claimable once per character usually indicates that your account will be granted 999 of that item. Individual cells in the claimable once per account section will indicate how many of that item comes with that edition (if more than one).

The first column is Friends and Family and everything in the column is checked, indicating every item listed on the left comes with that edition.

Purchasing the expansion only flags the account you make the purchase on. The Friends and Family edition comes with a single tradable standard edition of the expansion (Tradable: Claws of Veeshan), so you can claim and trade that item to flag one additional account aside from the one you made the purchase on.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

As Nniki explains you essentially get a premium edition for yourself (with a few extra bags/crates/etc for yourself) and then a giftable standard edition,a giftable version of each of the expansion mounts, and a giftable Heroic boost. That’s all, so you’re essentially buying a beefed up premium edition and then a single standard edition & mounts/boost you can trade/give away or use on another one of your accounts.

I want to add that pre-ordering F&F DOES NOT give you the giftable standard edition until AFTER the expansion launches.
    So you can’t use it to get a second account Beta access.

I also want to add to or restress Nniki’s point that the giftable items/expansion are in game items you /claim. It’s not like how you use to be able to buy a code off Steam for someone else to enter into the account management page. Now you give them a “Giftable _____” version of the item, they right click it, and then it’s permanently theirs (or their account gets flagged as having it in the case of the Heroic or standard expansion). Some people didn’t understand that with ToV’s release but they made the change to make it harder for people to resell the giftable items for cash like back in the short lived Steam code days.

Edit: added detail to the mechanics of how gifting works now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nniki like this.