PREORDERS ARE UP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kivi New Member

preorder question... I haven't played for about 3 or 4 years so am missing multiple xpacs. If I preorder will I get access to the xpacs that are currently out immediately and then the new one when it drops, or would I have to wait until the new one drops before I have access to any of those 3 or 4 I am missing?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You should get access to all previous expansions upon pre-ordering CoV immediately. They will charge your card immediately.

Someone who just did it for this pre-order can verify.
  3. Kivi New Member

thanks much for info, looks like I will be back before december then!
    Benito likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Welcome back!
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm not sure I understand your statement, the following items can be [practically] used for "non-current" accounts:

These items are completely level agnostic:

• Contract of the Othmir
    • Painting: Claws of Veeshan
    • Snowbound Satchel
    • Metamorph Wand - Bulthar
    • Metamorph Want - Lozidal Visage
    • Visage of the Othmir Gentleman
    • Human Heritage Crate

These items actually favor "non-current" characters. They either give a lower level toon a ridiculous stat boost, accelerate exp (and this isn't an exp cap expansion), or they boost your level:
    • Pre-order: Shared Goblet of Adventure II
    • Goblet of Adventure III
    • Restless Ice Wurm Saddle (stat buff is overpowered on low level toons)
    • Heroic Character (The entire point is to help you catch up to the expansion)
    • Shared Goblet of Adventure III
    • Snow Bunny Saddle (stat buff is overpowered on low level toons)
    • Tradable: Restless Ice Wurm Saddle
    • Tradable: Snow Bunny Saddle
    • Tradable: Heroic Character

Only these items are intended for higher level toons

• SkyShrine Crystal
    • SkyShrine Dragon Brazier
    • Tradable: Claws of Veehsan (Assumes you don't have a second account that's of level for the content. BUT one can argue this is agnostic as you could trade this for 1-2 krono...)
    • Perfected Augmentation Distillers (Obviously you'd be wasting these to use them on lower level augs.)
    • Overseer Pack (But putting them in this category assumes you don't have any level 85 toons yet and that you missed all three free heroic toon giveaways. Further you don't need to be "current" to use this, just mid-level.)

My point is that the expansion bundles are designed with cosmetic items for TLP players & lower level players in mind also to help lower level players catch up. Teleport clickies & distillers aside, few of the items uniquely help "current" players.

If you mean from a broad "content" perspective, I don't understand why DPG would put resources into more zones for lower/mid level toons. There are 26 expansions worth of content to explore and level through already. It's been more linear for a ~10-15 years because we don't have enough players for non-linear progression to be economical anymore. There's tons of content accumulated for lower level players and some of it has instances that will scale to your level even if the expansion isn't natively for your level range.

Edit: Made the tone of the first sentence a little softer.
    Edit: Typo, forgot about the teleport clickies.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

If you just want the mount, during release, let people know in chat that you're willing to trade a Krono or two for it. For ToV I bought multiple Friends & Family editions so I could trade the tradable items for Krono.
  7. Cronar Elder

Are the mounts a single claim or can i do one per character?
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

The page lists the mounts as claimable once per account, so single claim. You can get a giftable second version of each mount in the Friends & Family edition, but it becomes no-trade after someone "claims" it (similar to a prize LoN mounts or adoptable Heritage mounts). Although, if you want multiples of the mounts the most economical way to get them would be to trade Krono for the giftable versions.
  9. Jennre Band Leader

I am pretty upset with CS right now. They aren't helping AT ALL. Where can I file a complaint? I have never had this much trouble giving a company my money ...

Edit: I also now have to run through between 4 and 10 CAPTCHAs before I can log in. Pretty frustrating.
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

What error are you still receiving?
  11. RyeToast New Member

Nothing in the collector edition or above is worth the money. I'll be waiting for an on sale event. Bete is pretty much a joke. Ry mercs don't even work from the last collectors edition. So don't expect any of these "extras" to actually work. Buyer beware.
  12. Atrocitas New Member

Verified.
    Benito likes this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

There are forums. Perhaps only the direct link from the beta overview worked at first?
  14. Jennre Band Leader

Were sorry, a system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue to encounter this error, please view our Knowledge Base for possible solutions to your error.
  15. Zamiam Augur

agree, I'll only be buying the standard edition for my accounts , they really disappointed me from last expansion .. I bought the premium and a F&F when they were on sale and made the krono's off the gift so that pretty much paid for itself but the premium i was really looking forward to those Ry mercs ..I did get the coldain illusion so there's that .. however i wont be spending money on 1 illusion and a merc that dont work again..

I can wait till CoV goes on sale and i'll keep my ears to the grindstone and see how the mercs play out .. and I'll buy the illusion and mount down the road or do progression for the mount .. sadly
  16. Xerzist Augur

"How do you know if an Othmir is a female?"

Simple. They are irresistible to mezz, unstunnable, quad for 100K and simultaneously cause you to go link dead in-game and IRL.
    Grove and Nadisia like this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

I always see the "collector" editions as a way of pledging more support more than paying for something worth that cost. When I couldn't justify the cost I passed on them, and since I can now due to a stable income I get them. I'd be less sympathetic if the game had the player base of WoW, FFXIV, etc.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

I ran into an issue like that on an account a couple years ago and I think this thread helped. Make sure your payment detail in DBG (for the account not working) matches your current banking address/etc.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-request-please-try-again-later-we-a.249487/

But the problem is it could be a lot of things, sometimes it's browser related. Here's another thread where someone claims just using Chrome instead fixed their purchase error.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...m-error-while-processing-your-request.211458/
  19. Zunnoab Augur

On my second account it told me I wasn't entering a valid card number until I re-entered the exact same information too, so starting all the way over may help as well.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Plus you get TBL and TOV. Or did you already buy those?

I haven't paid for an EQ expansion in 10 years or so. Suppose I'll have to consider it. Bleh.