New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have enjoyed ToV and would be pleased if CoV follows a similar design. Lots of positives for the desginers.

There is one thing I very very much disliked about ToV. I have to turn off my shaders to not get a migraine. That much white and blue light was a bad design. Kudos on the ice shader, you did good work, but you were too proud of it and used too much. Scale it back.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Seeing as how RoS>TBL>ToV recipes were just cut and paste, with different materials and upgraded results, I'm pretty sure that's what we're getting.

I think the days with tons of misc recipes for poops and giggles are long gone.
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

How about learning a new language as a replacement for faction? :rolleyes:
  4. Zamiam Augur

they did that in VoA ..and RoF . no thx ..
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

Others include default white emote text on white background in kael making it difficult to read.

I turned off the shaders in Kael the other night and noticed for the first time that there are rays of light shining down from an opening above the arena. With the shaders on everything is so bright it all washes out.
    Vumad and Svann2 like this.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I haven't had shaders on in EQ in 10 years. It's a much more enjoyable playing experience.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah that's a hard pass for me too.

I like the concept of languages playing a role in the game but at the same time I was no fan of how it was done in VoA.
    If they ever try that again I truly hope they do it better next time, the ways I would do it are likely just not possible with the ancient coding EQ has.
    Accipiter and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, I know. It was sarcasm. ;)
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

VoA had a bunch of problems. Mostly it was just confusing as to what you had to do to max your Alaran. "Do all of these, or half of them, or just one, and maybe one mission and you will get max Alaran for that task arc." And don't get me started on the stupid missions like the one where you fly around in a space ship.
    Nadisia and Skuz like this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

No introducing yet more time metering mechanics please. factions and Tiers being locked does that just fine as it is.
  11. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Tappin did you come up with your name because you're a message board warrior and always "Tappin" them keys on the message board?
  12. Zunnoab Augur

All I have to say so far is I like content expanding on other content, even if this was expected this time, and that I hope they find a balance rather than a hard pendulum swing it the opposite direction when it comes to tuning. Granted a balance isn't really possible and it's impossible to please everyone without multiple difficulty options, but I fear another GoD/Underfoot/TBL.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

so does the expansion CoV come with any other things besides the copy & paste from last expansion ..
    how bout a new house or bank storage (what is this new dragon's hoard?) did they explain this in the CoV release video ?oh no video this year again ..
    this is getting boring guys same ol same ole .. I love illusions , pet morphs , and merc skins(if they work) but how bout a new house or large TS bags or a TS collectors bag tradeable so we can put collects into it and give to our mules on another account ... (ive come up with my way to do it, that is easy) you go thru the trouble of making sure there are TS quests for evolving gear , how bout some new bags .. Trader bags should be larger by now for Baz use.. New Keyrings for gate clickies and nimbuses.. I want more !! i'll continue to support you but my purchasing options have really dwindled ..
    account sub time back on game window in game .. !!
    how bout a feature that lets us use the Find feature and it searches are whole account not just that toon and maybe from the character select screen ..
    Nadisia and Toruch Fleshrot like this.
  14. Nadisia Augur

This, pretty please.
    For the TBL evolving shoulders, this year I decided to complete a good bunch of scavengers achievements.
    Plus, the ToV scavenger achievement btw for my earring(s) (2 atm, on my SK and one otw for my chanter).

And ... I'm literally crumbling under the insane mass of collectibles.
    And with CoV coming, I guess it'll be worse.

So please, pretty please, Ngreth, some tradeable collector bag :oops:

[IMG]
    Metanis likes this.