Mnemonic Retention

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Poador, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Poador New Member

I think they need to give more spell gems. When playing my pally there are 3 buff spells that last only a short time when I could be using group heals spells instead this is not very fun to switch spells constantly. I am sure others would benefit from a few more spell gems.
    Jondalar likes this.
  2. Poador New Member

I have max mnemonic retention I am level 115. Asking to add more to this aa skill.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some spells can be cast by way of AA which helps free up some spell gems.

Developers can be picky over how much accessibility to spells they give players overall, they want by design for players to have to make some hard choices about which spells they keep memorised.

Also remember you have the spell-sets tool to easily set up alternate spell loadouts so that you can quickly & easily load in your buffs.

I box a shaman so I understand where you are coming from, I have to be mindful of which spells I keep memmed to perform optimally depending on the type of content I am doing, or even what specific mob I am trying to defeat.
  4. Forcallen Augur

There is a lot more room for improvement without adding more spell slots.

Like the upcoming Composite spells (formally Dicho and Dissident). IMO these should be cast from an AA or not require a spell gem to be used (can directly be linked to a hot button from spell book). Casters often have to make the choice of is this spell really worth devoting a permanent spell gem for considering all their limitations. Verses others being on their own non conflicting timers and hot buttoned. They should be "in addition to" spell bar spells for all.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

So, not a bug report, belongs in another forum.

I feel like devs may have stated they wont be giving us any more spell gems.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Jondalar Augur

I'd buy an expansion just for a spell gem
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I dunno, we ran out of keys on the top row of the keyboard. What's next, Alt-Backspace to cast a 13th gem?

I am fully in agreement with AAs to cast buffs. Having to swap out spells to re-buff 3-5+ hour long effects is tiresome when it comes to ressing after a raid event.

This also doesn't belong in the Bug Reports section.

I am using 4. Assumedly, you aren't using the Steel line.
  8. menown Augur

Funny. I remember when the last time mnemonic retention was upgraded, coding was just implemented to support 2 additional ranks. We've only received 1 of those ranks via AA since.