Feature request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by thatTwoGuy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you are F2P or Silver then you are locked to 250/F2P or 1000/Silver AA or whatever AA you have already earned. If you are capped on your AA then it all flows over into regular experience.

There is no way to "free up" room to earn more AA buy purchasing and/or using fireworks due to those limits on F2P or Silver accounts. .

And no way to stop that experience from going into regular. Lots of players have hit this hurdle. I sacrifice my alts to necros to stay at the level I want.
    Nadisia likes this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

The sacrifice is quite clearly by far the best way to address staying at a level. Make a FTP necro and sac yourself. It's only a L45 spell.
  3. thatTwoGuy New Member

ITT: A lot of people who didn't actually read the request.

Out of 22 accounts I have, 8 are paid (subbed with CC). I pay plenty of money to the company. I've no problem with that as it's a hobby I enjoy and that I want to support.

I have 14 accounts that are F2P currently, many of whom have had kronos used a significant amount of times.

They're making plenty of money from me.

A simple checkbox in the inventory screen to disable XP isn't a huge request, and from a development standpoint would not at all require the amount of resources people in this thread seem to think it would.

We shouldn't be acting like the sandboxy nature of the game is averse to making it more of a sandbox. It makes perfect sense to have a way to disable xp, and in fact many games already have this. I'd really love for this to be a thing so I can play the game how I want to play a game, monetary shame aside. Additionally, I'm positive I'm not the only person who plays EQ who would use this functionality.

Food for thought, devs.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Simplest solutions are usually the most complex to implement for EQ code.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yeah, since there are many ways to gain XP.

Maybe a 'do not level' flag would be easier, that lets your XP number go up, but does not run the 'Ding!' code.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Still not sure why the OP's count of paid vs. free accounts is relevant. If it's a paid account, you simply move the XP slider to 100% AA, problem solved. If it's a free account, they want you to level. It's been part of the F2P model since EQ's F2P was launched, that's just how it is. There are relatively easy workaround solutions to de-level, several of which have been offered in this thread. With available dev time preciously rare these days, there's simply no way they are going to get into something like this. And if they did, it would be at the expense of things that affect a LOT more players, and there would likely be open player revolt. So, a reality check please.
  7. Vlad Diszno Augur

I've never messed around w/, let alone understood, fellowship exp sharing, but can it be used to reduce, or possibly even stop, one's exp gained?

I imagine killing oneself, as mentioned several times already, is the simplest way.
    Pallies would have the easiest method to accomplish this, via Act of Valor.

Does one lose exp to a dueling death?
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think DPG is missing an opportunity here.

I noticed a while back, that a non-subbed char can't earn any AA at all (even unspent), it they are above the cap. Now, that doesn't really make sense, since you can earn up to twice your level in unspent AAs if you sub. Until you spend them, you're not going any more over the cap.

So, here's my proposal. Let non-subs accrue AA (unspent AA), and (possibly) don't even limit the size of the unspent bank. If you play long enough, and you've got 2000 unspent AA, just sitting there and taunting you, before long, you'll give in and sub for at least a month, just to get the benefit of all those AAs! It could be money DPG could collect compared to someone who never does sub, because they can't ever accrue any AA to begin with. And it also solve the issue of those who wish to lock their level.