EverQuest XP Gain - A way forward?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If all of that is true what we have is a very bad band-aid fix to an underlying problem the devs don't have the resources available to solve, that's why it looks like such an ugly fix, because it is.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Making quest XP meaningful was great. XP reflecting the time it takes to do the quest helps make people do them more, thus helping out the people who have not done them yet. This is great. There should be a reason to Quest in EverQuest. Grind XP was too low, and quest XP was too frontloaded, but the idea was the right one.

The balance, It's simple...

TOV grind XP should have been a higher.
    ToV ACH XP should have been lower.
    ToV repeated task XP should have been higher.

Nothing fancy about that balance.

Oh, and the dervishes in GD still suck and the fact that you need a plate tank still on last of the storm boars also sucks.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Kill exp is fine.

The exp from quests should have never been that high in the first place. Too late now, but next level increase, calm it down.

Levels should be earned and mean something
    Duder likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they did this then AAs should have cost more and the AA cap per mob needs to be upped/removed.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

If the XP given per kill is a flat #, then the amount of XP for 111-115 would be lower to ACH the effect w/o impacting AA.

Focus on the clear meaning of the message, not the semantics.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Because a lot of us don't want to play a game that really has nothing at all to do with Everquest. We want to earn exp playing EQ not some blind clicks a day game. And when we earn exp playing EQ all we ask is that the rate we can grind it as we have been doing for years isn't so badly nerfed. Give us back our reasonable grind rate and you can go blindly click some keys for yours.
    cadres, Skuz and Duder like this.
  7. Tappin Augur

I am sure alot of people don't even play it, they just use a script. Seems silly to me. If they integraded it into the game like diplomancy and Vangaurd, it may work.
    Nadisia likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like them to figure out how to make automation groups xp actually go negative so there was no incentive for these automation groups to actually do it. (Or actually ban cheaters, but that is asking alot)
    Duder likes this.
  9. Nadisia Augur

This, 100 times.
    I'm not a «card game» player at all, in fact in general I don't like card games, but I don't know why, I LOVED VG diplomacy.
    The parley system was brilliant, it was a whole world for non adventurers.
    (and same for the crafting sphere, so creative).

I remember doing parleys here and there before raids just to rise some buff levers in Afrit, Khal, Leth Nurae, Tursh, Bordinar's Cleft, all the diplomacy involved in the APW raid, or in PoTA.
    Guilds were collaborating for buffs, It was so cool ...

I really miss Vanguard SoH, a lot. Such a fantastic game ...:oops:
  10. Chorus Augur

I look at overseer the same way I look at clicker games...an annoyance. It's not game play, it's just give me free stuff for 0 effort. Honestly, it needs to go away. Would really prefer if mobile type garbage gaming didn't make its way into EQ.
    cadres likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I love the artwork in Overseer. Overseer adds flavor to EverQuest. You can choose to play it or not. It also adds a revenue stream for DPG. Surely, that alone makes it worth having around.

But as I noted in an earlier post, what I want to see is reward options for people who grind missions and tasks over and over, just like Overseer gets.
  12. Tappin Augur

P2W is never a good thing for the consumer.
  13. Nadisia Augur

I don't like Overseer, but talking about «Pay to Win» is a little bit excessive.

In its current state, there is nothing to «win» with Overseer : a couple of craft mats, some collectibles (and for me, it looks like trading an already boring activity, collect random shiny dots, with another boring one, Overseer :p), and a bit of XP.
    A couple of ornamentations maybe, yeah, but no big deal, it's not game breaking.

And I_Love_My_Bandwidth is just asking for more reward options to the merc/partisan tasks and why not missions.
    They can even give us the option to get some Overseer Tetradrachms (sp?) currency by completing classic adventuring tasks/missions, for those who want to get OS ornaments, but without playing the «boring game» :D
  14. Tappin Augur

But it’s not excessive. It may not be overly intrusive now, but it will be later. Just look at what they did with the level experience.
  15. Nadisia Augur

Yeah, sure, but that's why I said : in its current state.

But of course, I don't to want see Overseer interfere in the classic progression/leveling in the same way Blizzard done in WoW with all the stupid garrison/followers/tables time locked missions.

If one day, DPG decides to make OS mandatory, and tells me : Ok, to gain access to your next progression step/ next zone, whatever, you need to complete X Overseer missions first (and wait for X hours in between), I'll just say : No, thanks, and I'll leave, and will play on a private server.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Some see things glass half-full. Some see things glass half-empty. Some see things glass is not a glass but a dihedral monster out to steal their lunch.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

None of this begins with an important fact in mind: IE, the task system sucks and introduces 1-888-DUDEZORS gameplay(what I call it where your lifelines are 3rd party websites and word of mouth game tips are needed) to alleviate frustration caused by a dozen lines of "to dos" in the task system that are, in terms of the explanations in the task systems itself, woefully UNDEREXPLAINED. Even WOW decided to implement a real in-game quest manage\map combo that removed the need for a 3rd party plug in. People might like to "EVER" quest...but no one with limited playtime likes to "EVER"-research quests in EQ that are horribly explained by the task system that adds up to, at the end of the day, "fake difficulty" that most will take a HARD PASS on.

And if you don't want to revamp your task system then make leveling by killing\grinding viable again...... like it has been for 20 years.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I constantly get emotes saying I am max xp and cannot gain more.

It's actually really easy to gain experience if you leave the guild hall.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

Nerd.
  20. BBaw New Member

Can you not get exp from grinding mobs anymore? Been out of the loop for a while, but I see a lot of reference to that