Selo 2.0 in 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by a_librarian, Oct 8, 2020.

1. vylo Augur

The one I would like to see is where you start with classic levels and all content unlocked. As the server unlocks, it is only unlocking levels and AA.

It would be interesting to see how far people could go each unlock, and how early someone could beat live.
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'd thought about that and realized that Defiant gear being available (since that is tied to expansion) would throw everything out of balance, 100 hp bp off trash in Fungus Grove would be enough to take you to PoTime, but by then you get 260 hp bp off trash in Halls of Honor.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. vylo Augur

They can just disable defiant. They already do that on TLPs, and only allow certain sets as the expacs go on.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Right, but I mention defiant just as an example of how the concept wouldn't work too well.

Other issues include TSS low level zones making most other low level zones obsolete, spells for sale in PoP, some crafted recipes being overpowered out of era, loyalty vendor currency (100 crowns = 1400 radiant crystals = near full suit of req 43 gear with 40-50 hp per slot)
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

The problem with defiant in early eras isn't the hp/ac, it's the mod 2's/heroics. In many cases you would not want to upgrade your intricate defiant gear with plane of time gear; it would be too much of a heroics downgrade. They'd need to ditch defiant until the level 75 era minimum.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

No one actually wants to go through Classic/ROK again. ROK about ends every server it opens on. Open with Velious for 8 weeks and go from there. Let's just end the cries for another classic TLP before the farmers show up.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Firstly, I have to ask, but are you & Captain Video flat/house-mates or even the same person maybe?

I am sure that there are many players who do not want to go through classic to RoK again, yet the Aradune server, heavily overpopulated from it's opening day would suggest that you actually don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about and that in fact there are thousands of players who wanted to play through Classic to RoK and are doing just that in fact

Can you show me one single server that completely & utterly collapsed after RoK opened on it?

You can't because it has not happened (at least so far).

You are a very rare kind of wrong, the kind of wrong that is so completely & utterly wrong that it is too easy to illustrate.
    So this was boring, if you are going to come to the forum with your brand of wrongness at least mix in a tiny modicum of fact or it isn't even entertaining.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.