Hey Dev's here is an idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

that "'most" people will love. maybe ?

OK, so 6 zones packed with quests and such,

copy the remaining velious zones and buff the mobs up then paste them into the new expansion as "EXP" zones. sprinkle a few named here and there and copy some loot over.

we really don't need every zone to be packed with the same types of quests anyways. this can save you lot of time and give alot more zones.
    Thundersnake likes this.
  2. Monkman Augur

You do realize the only zones they missed are Wakening Lands, Plane of Growth, and Plane of Mischief right? At least on the continent.
    Nadisia and Riou like this.
  3. Duder Augur

Progression arcs have been the backbone of EQ since the beginning. Later on it turned into the Mercenary/Partisan/Champion line. What you are suggesting is an expansion with no progression. No, I would not like that.
  4. Jennre Band Leader

I would rather they focus on quality over quantity, personally,
    Vumad, Zamiam, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Iceclad Ocean!
    Monkman likes this.
  6. Angahran Augur

I think what he was suggesting was to copy&past the remaining zones in addition to the ones already in the expansion with all the progression in them.
    So basically extra zones that are simply places to xp.
    Fanra and Thundersnake like this.
  7. Thundersnake Elder

I whole heartedly support the idea, this is a perfect way to keep the botters away from rest of us working on progression. Also this gives us some places to go for nostalgia at max level. I was really bummed when I found out many of the zones I loved would not be part of the new expansion. I hope the Devs find some way to make this happen. I'd be perfectly fine with exact copies of these zones with mobs that only drop universal game drops. Even the named could just drop generalized stuff like armor pieces and spell runes.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Am hoping they are just going to roll the raid/group coins over into the new exp. Just up the price a bit on the new stuff.
  9. Monkman Augur

You mean use the same currency from tov? I doubt it... you'd have players day 1 of raids being down already buying several pieces of gear from the raid vendor... even if they raised the prices. I know someone whos sitting on like 3k raid currency right now.
    Funky and Skuz like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm the same, had nothng to purchase for months.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Kinda my point, raid and group currency's need (imo) to be more flexable in terms of use and exchange. Would be nice to be able to convert raid coin to group for example. And newer expansion coins for older.

But since this upcoming exp is an extension/continuation of the the current one. Would it not make sence to have a common raid/group currency?
  12. Monkman Augur

Ring of Scale was an extension/continuation of EoK and they still had separate currencies.

In terms of making them more flexible, I believe there should be more items offered by each merchant.

Ideally I would love to see -

Raid Vendors offer Raid Ornaments + Spells (rkiii)

Group Vendors offer Group Ornaments + Spells (rkii)
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Greymantle Augur

That too would be nice !
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Adding extra zones with just mobs in them is not a terrible idea and it wouldn't water down the zones with progression. Water down the collections. Reducing the ground spawns to one per zone and putting the 6 sets into the extra 3 zones would give a reason to XP there. Hunter is also a similar area to water down 6 progression zones without watering down the content itself. And really it's not watering down anything if you have the same number of hunter kills and collections.

I'm not saying I agree. I'm just saying there could be ways to add more zones without taking a bunch of Dev time.