Six zones? SIX ZONES?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yet, they split Crystal Caverns in two in TOV expansion. :rolleyes:
    Gyurika Godofwar and Svann2 like this.
  2. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

I am all for reusing zones and making them with a more interesting story line.

As Epic NPC Man so eloquently parodied, how many times can a new continent all of the sudden be discovered....

Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Fanra like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sort of like this?

Change Bender to Veeshan and we may have a winner.
    Fanra and Nadisia like this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Ye-ish... she is " out" of the zone boundaries in deep space. That is an oddball, "floating in space" zone.

She is WAAAAAAAAY out there too...
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yo Veeshan jokes.

Veeshan? Veeshan is so big when she lays around the zone she lays AROUND the zone.
    Ngreth Thergn, Duder and Zamiam like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Epic NPC Man is great and thanks for showing that video.

However, there is no limit to new continents. After all, there's also no limit to how many times you can die and be brought back. And the enemies we fight just keep coming back after we kill them, it's like comic book characters!

Video game logic is different but similar to cartoon logic. There is no way in the real world that someone can pull a giant hammer out of nowhere but in cartoons it is a staple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace
    http://wtfcomics.com/archive.html?485_21 - "How were you carrying four back packs under your coat?" "Magic. Now go away, you scare the fish."

:)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

An oldie but a goody.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agree with your post just adding some thoughts of my own.

I have always felt in video games or at least MMOs that its more about consistency representative reality then well.. reality. MMO's just create a set of rules to create a consistent MMO reality. They do not create REALITY all in caps. Of course these days evening agreeing on REALITY can be a problem. :)

Devs create a consistent world that has its own rules which may or may not follow reality. In EQ death isn't death as we know it. Its just a hiccup.

Cities in EQ would probably be much larger in reality and their size in EQ isn't meant to be realistic but representative... its up up to us imagining it being much larger. Lets face it in the real world during the medieval period EQs cities would still barely be considered villages. It's not about their size they just represent a city. Well in my opinion.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Naugrin Augur

We will find out that Dranik and Veeshan are not one and the same, but mates. That 2 headed thing is their world killing baby boy.
  10. Triconix Augur

It's also possible we can get a new anniversary. Is it confirmed if there will be one or not? Seems a bit early, but maybe I missed something.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And in many other ways. In reading accounts of medieval battles the fatigue factor is huge. In EQ, we can chain pull targets and kill for hours with perhaps infrequent breaks. This all leaves aside what is perhaps the biggest departure from reality. Death isn't permanent. One can also add that creatures aren't dismembered and I have yet to see any digital blood being spilt.

I used to think that have a version of EQ for the Wii would be very cool. I then tried doing Wii sports for a few hours and I got a bit sore and tired. I enjoy killing things with a few keystrokes in EQ. Although, if that dog keeps barking... :)
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Probably more like the Giant in the art did some kind of weird magic on them, maybe using one of those powerful weapons/artifacts like the ones used in CotF/TDS