New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Nadisia Augur

I don't have any info, but :
    • Some zones locked behind progression
    • Another tradeskill and/or progression locked elvolving item (a belt?)
    • Some new and progressive core ability, or something like the RoS Essence of the Dragon, maybe.
    Or maybe something really new? Who knows hehe, time will tell ;)
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Please no.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

The new incentive will be your rank 5 and 6 of the new Dichotomic/Dissident line of spells
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

You dreamer. Two ranks of "improvement"? I needed that laugh.
  5. Moege Augur

First rank does the same damage cost more mana, second rank costs even more and does more damage.
  6. Monkman Augur

Just guessing but if they follow the EoK/RoS model... most likely sleepers tomb will be locked behind some type of progression/keying.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Nadisia Augur

Yeah, not a fan either, but well, it has always been used as (cheapo) incentive scheme ...
  8. Riou EQResource

Unless they already go back on the ToV model change, it should mostly all be open in both the group and raid side
  9. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Has it been stated whether or not of an max level increase from 115/120?
  10. Nadisia Augur

Well, from the Producer's letter :
    In general, when there's a level increase, it's always announced in the preview letters.
    And we've got a level increase with ToV, so if they follow the same routine (one expansion with, one without), the levels will stay capped at 115.
  11. Riou EQResource

None in CoV, likely will be one in the next Expansion in Fall 2021
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I played back then Cann. The point was that grinding exp was the way to level. Thats the 20+ year tradition. :)

And more options is good. Making grind exp BAD at the same time wasn't more options it changed what the most viable option has been for years.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I leveled some of my toon up to 113 without missions when the exp came out. It was mind numbingly longer then it has been in many years. Could you do it yes. Was the return for effort comparable to any recent expansion? Not even close.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EverQuest show interview Holly gave is where I think she said the team planned to have a level raise every other expansion now, so CoV will be 115 & the expansion after CoV will be when the level cap will go up (presumably to 120), if that planned roadmap changes I would think JChan will let us know.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  15. Zamiam Augur

ya pls NO .. no locked zones behind progression unless its the very last zone , then i dont really care..
    and no task to bypass a dang AE DD .. i still dont have that on any of my toons and because of that my time in RoS was very limited ..
    I will eventually do it but im in no hurry ..
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

17. Monkman Augur

plz no =x
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Marton Augur

No.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Level cap increase is every other expansion been that for a long while now.

Andarriel
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

No new recipes?